Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
You filled my heart with joy when you said turbo kit :love:. Will the turbo upgrades you make be compatible with your FMIC and your up pipe and down pipe?
Yes, we have quite a few ideas rolling here for a turbo kit. :thumbsup: Because we will have to make a turbo manifold (similar to our 9th gen kit), the turbo location will differ from stock, meaning that we will supply a turbo kit-specific downpipe and hot pipe. However, we will make sure that this is compatible with our front pipe (stock location) and FMIC kit.

Awesome!!... that's a great idea...
now I'm still a little vague on the MAF housing...can we get it black for a additional fee?? :hmm:

:bow:
The MAF housing will be anodized black is what I was trying to convey.

From my understanding of PRLs reply is that the MAF housing will be black (as is) but they will consider changing the color of the upper hose? Are they usually Steel? Like I mentioned before... I'm a noob.

@PRL Motorsports I actually am totally fine with all black, but if there was a red option that would be nice as well. HOWEVER, if keeping it black will mean the product ships faster to my doorstep....
The problem with offering different colors is the fact that we would need to stock multiple colors of both Street and Race size MAF housings. If we were to continue suit, there would be 6 different hosing options for sizes and colors, as well as Si and Non-Si specific MAF housings and Race or Street MAF housings. This would make packaging/shipping and inventory a nightmare... If we do everything in black here, we can improve availability and consistency. This will also match our FMIC kit that has black couplers. :)

So how much additional tuning would be required for the race MAF? Would any of the pre configured ktuner or hondata stage 1 and 2 kits run with it? Also if we went with the street MAF for now, how much would it be to buy the race MAF later on down the road? I know you guys mentioned selling those separately for people who wanted to upgrade later on.

My few questions before I make a purchase!

Thanks
We have not had the chance to install our Race MAF yet, as we still have yet to max out the Street MAF. However, due to the vast size increase, it will most-definitely require a tune, not compatible with supplied basemap tunes. Will somebody create a Race MAF basemap tune in the future? Possibly, but we don't forsee that being top priority right now. We will keep you posted on the pricing of a MAF upgrade.

Ordered mine last night thank you guys as always turning this 1.5T platform into an even more amazing thing! can't wait to get this and install along with all of your parts over time
Thank you for the support! We are just as excited as you guys are to get these out there! :D

Ordered mine the day it came out. I would definitely like to vote for the red hose. Please let us know how and when to request the color. Did not get to use the 5% promocode, but no worries, consider it a donation for faster production, lol. Can't wait.
We will keep you guys updated on color options, but right now we are really considering sticking with black.
Sponsored

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I vote black if that means production/availability will be more efficient. I'm sure you guys can come out with different colors in the future if people wanted, but intake system >>> colored hose.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The 9-14hp gain is on the Si in the video or regular 10th gen 1.5t?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 9-14hp gain is on the Si in the video or regular 10th gen 1.5t?
On the Si. The Stage 1 data/gains have been consistent for Si/Non-Si cars. The CAI will follow suit due to the similarities of the platforms.

Any pictures of the mounting points and brackets?
We should have some drawings/renderings shortly. Finalized pictures aren't far behind either.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update! :headbang:

Billet MAF sensor housings and clutch line relocation brackets are getting packed up for anodizing. Air filters are here and ready to go. 4-ply silicone coupler samples were approved and entering final production, followed by the rotomolded lower HDPE "cobra" tube. We are right on schedule to meet our projected ETA and are just as excited to ship these out as you are to receive them!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSCN1193_zps4zi23wvi

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSCN1195_zpscb6feyk4

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSCN1200_zpsaz5x6ayk

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSCN1197_zpspecbuskv

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSCN1201_zpsnoifllil

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update! :headbang:

Billet MAF sensor housings and clutch line relocation brackets are getting packed up for anodizing. Air filters are here and ready to go. 4-ply silicone coupler samples were approved and entering final production, followed by the rotomolded lower HDPE "cobra" tube. We are right on schedule to meet our projected ETA and are just as excited to ship these out as you are to receive them!

DSCN1193_zps4zi23wvi.jpg

DSCN1195_zpscb6feyk4.jpg

DSCN1200_zpsaz5x6ayk.jpg

DSCN1197_zpspecbuskv.jpg

DSCN1201_zpsnoifllil.jpg
Is the clutch line relocation an easy install? Also, are the billet pieces going to be anodized a certain color? Black?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask and you shall receive! Data, dyno numbers and sound clips from our Cobra Cold Air Intake system is finally here! We will be offer Si and Non-Si specific systems!

2017 Honda Civic Si w/ Stock ECU Mapping (Not Tuned Whatsoever)
  • PRL Motorsports Catted Downpipe / Front - Pipe Combo
  • PRL Motorsports Prototype Intercooler
  • PRL Motorsports Prototype Cobra Cold Air Intake System (Street MAF Housing)
We found the MAF curve to be extremely stable, identical in response to the factory intake. This will be our first cold air intake system ever to not require any tuning whatsoever. Customers can expect greater gains once the boost is turned up and components are pushed to their max. Once we find the limit of the Street MAF we will test our Race MAF
Tuner[/USER]!

I plan on picking up a 2017 Turbo Civic LX CVT Hatchback within the next month or so. I just purchased your catted downpipe/front pipe combo. My question is on your Street Maf vs Race Maf. What are the differences between the two? It is just the size of the maf sensor housing diameter itself or is it this as well as the diameter of the tubing from the air filter to the maf sensor housing? I know that if the maf sensor diameter is wider than stock that I will require a tune (I already have a Ktuner for my Honda Fit). I am just trying to do my homework.

I don't want to purchase the RACE maf/intake prematurely if it has a wider diameter than the stock maf sensor and have no tune file ready to upload to make the car run properly. Thanks in advance!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan on picking up a 2017 Turbo Civic LX CVT Hatchback within the next month or so. I just purchased your catted downpipe/front pipe combo. My question is on your Street Maf vs Race Maf. What are the differences between the two? It is just the size of the maf sensor housing diameter itself or is it this as well as the diameter of the tubing from the air filter to the maf sensor housing? I know that if the maf sensor diameter is wider than stock that I will require a tune (I already have a Ktuner for my Honda Fit). I am just trying to do my homework.

I don't want to purchase the RACE maf/intake prematurely if it has a wider diameter than the stock maf sensor and have no tune file ready to upload to make the car run properly. Thanks in advance!
I'm not with PRL but I read your post so I may as well answer it. The Race MAF housing allows more airflow but is not needed unless you plan on upgrading the turbocharger somewhere down the road. As you stated, it will require a tune. PRL can detail the hose sizing, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the clutch line relocation an easy install? Also, are the billet pieces going to be anodized a certain color? Black?
The clutch line relocation is literally as simple as unbolting/bolting the bracket and relocating with this provided piece. All pieces will be anodized hard clear (which looks flat gray) like the rest of pieces we make. :)
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order DSC02133.1_zpsauilcflz

This is AWESOME!!! I'm ready for mine!!
:thumbsup:

I'm not with PRL but I read your post so I may as well answer it. The Race MAF housing allows more airflow but is not needed unless you plan on upgrading the turbocharger somewhere down the road. As you stated, it will require a tune. PRL can detail the hose sizing, I'm not 100% sure on that.
Thank you! :) Basically the Street MAF is an identical copy of the factory MAF housing, meaning no tuning is required. This will be plenty for a full bolt-on, stock turbo car. The Race MAF housing is 50% larger and is intended for people planning on doing future turbo upgrades and whatnot. This will require a tune, but will eliminate the chances of maxing out the factory MAF housing in the future.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! :) Basically the Street MAF is an identical copy of the factory MAF housing, meaning no tuning is required. This will be plenty for a full bolt-on, stock turbo car. The Race MAF housing is 50% larger and is intended for people planning on doing future turbo upgrades and whatnot. This will require a tune, but will eliminate the chances of maxing out the factory MAF housing in the future.
Thanks for your responses. 50% larger is significant. I have some ideas for that stock pipe that attaches to the turbo inlet. I will look to see is a base tune/map for this maf setup so I can get it installed and go from there.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order Sample%20Kit_zps63gppknm

Here's a final updated picture of what's going to be in the box of our Cold Air Intake kit for the 1.5T 2016+ Civic!

Take advantage of our 20% off pre-order sale while you still can! The pre-order sale ends once orders begin shipping. We expect orders to begin shipping within 35 days!

All kits come standard with:

(1) Billet Aluminum MAF Housing (Anodized Black)
(1) PRL Motorsports High Flow Drop-In Air Filter
(1) 4-Ply Upper Silicone Intake Hose
(1) 6-Ply Lower Silicone Intake Hose
(1) High Density Polyethylene Lower Intake Tube
(4) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
(2) Powdercoated Mounting Brackets
Stainless Steel Hardware

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sample%20Kit_zps63gppknm.jpg

Here's a final updated picture of what's going to be in the box of our Cold Air Intake kit for the 1.5T 2016+ Civic!

Take advantage of our 20% off pre-order sale while you still can! The pre-order sale ends once orders begin shipping. We expect orders to begin shipping within 35 days!

Stainless Steel Hardware
Masterpiece!!!
Sample%20Kit_zps63gppknm.jpg

Stainless Steel Hardware
Sponsored