PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Will we be able to chose the color of the upper tube? or will it be black?? and will the housing still be machined silver or will it be anodized black:hmm:

Last edited:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports Will we be able to chose the color of the upper tube? or will it be black?? and will the housing still be machined silver or will it be anodized black:hmm:
I was wondering this too. I want a red to match the car, but saw the green one in the pictures.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering this too. I want a red to match the car, but saw the green one in the pictures.
I spoke with PRL today. They said the pre order intakes will be black. They plan on expanding with other colors as the demand dictates.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Purchased!! First time buying/installing an intake system! Super excited since I most likely will not need to do a muffler delete anymore. Pretty pricey with shipping, so I'm really hoping this brand lives up to their name like I have heard all throughout the forums.

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Purchased!! First time buying/installing an intake system! Super excited since I most likely will not need to do a muffler delete anymore. Pretty pricey with shipping, so I'm really hoping this brand lives up to their name like I have heard all throughout the forums.
They're worth it!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I spoke with you on the phone earlier about it and didn't even get a chance to post it first haha. These guys are on it.
The internet moves fast!
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order great-scott

Running out of PRL parts to buy. :drive: Can't wait for what you guys have coming out.
We have one or two more goodies up our sleeve before we roll out our big turbo kit :thumbsup:

any special forum promo code?? :D
The 5% off code for the forum is "civicx" at checkout. However, discounts cannot be stacked. :(

THIS. IS. GREAT. :beer:

Well let's settle this now... Basically the original plan was to have everything in black, including anodized MAF housings. However, we are not opposed to making the upper hoses in different colors. If we were to make colors, they would follow the same black, red and green of our Stage 1 intake kits, maybe one other color if so desired. All in favor name your color. If somebody would like they can make a thread, or we will tomorrow asking which colors people would like to see for the upper hose.

I don't think you'll be disappointed! :thumbsup: We'll make sure of it.

They're worth it!
Thank you for the support everyone! It's only midnight, the pre-order has only been active for about 7 hours and we are absolutely blown away with the love and support of everyone already. :respect:

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The internet moves fast!
great-scott.jpg

We have one or two more goodies up our sleeve before we roll out our big turbo kit :thumbsup:

The 5% off code for the forum is "civicx" at checkout. However, discounts cannot be stacked. :(

Well let's settle this now... Basically the original plan was to have everything in black, including anodized MAF housings. However, we are not opposed to making the upper hoses in different colors. If we were to make colors, they would follow the same black, red and green of our Stage 1 intake kits, maybe one other color if so desired. All in favor name your color. If somebody would like they can make a thread, or we will tomorrow asking which colors people would like to see for the upper hose.

Thank you for the support everyone! It's only midnight, the pre-order has only been active for about 7 hours and we are absolutely blown away with the love and support of everyone already. :respect:
You filled my heart with joy when you said turbo kit :love:. Will the turbo upgrades you make be compatible with your FMIC and your up pipe and down pipe?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Awesome!!... that's a great idea...
now I'm still a little vague on the MAF housing...can we get it black for a additional fee?? :hmm:

:bow:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome!!... that's a great idea...
now I'm still a little vague on the MAF housing...can we get it black for a additional fee?? :hmm:

:bow:
From my understanding of PRLs reply is that the MAF housing will be black (as is) but they will consider changing the color of the upper hose? Are they usually Steel? Like I mentioned before... I'm a noob.

@PRL Motorsports I actually am totally fine with all black, but if there was a red option that would be nice as well. HOWEVER, if keeping it black will mean the product ships faster to my doorstep....

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
So how much additional tuning would be required for the race MAF? Would any of the pre configured ktuner or hondata stage 1 and 2 kits run with it? Also if we went with the street MAF for now, how much would it be to buy the race MAF later on down the road? I know you guys mentioned selling those separately for people who wanted to upgrade later on.

My few questions before I make a purchase!

Thanks

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Ordered mine last night thank you guys as always turning this 1.5T platform into an even more amazing thing! can't wait to get this and install along with all of your parts over time

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
The internet moves fast!
great-scott.jpg

Ordered mine the day it came out. I would definitely like to vote for the red hose. Please let us know how and when to request the color. Did not get to use the 5% promocode, but no worries, consider it a donation for faster production, lol. Can't wait.
Sponsored