Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue

Do you have issues with your infotainment system?

• Total voters

kiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civc Touring
I was thinking that although there are multiple threads, possibly to many, about the infotainment issues in the civic touring model it is not clear what percentage of touring models are having problems. So just answer the poll question and you can comment with your problem. Hopefully this will centralize the conversation about these issues. Thanks
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I've had the negative colors, bluetooth dropouts here and there, audio completely stopping while playing pandora (the head unit confirms bluetooth is connected and the song is playing, but no sound), and random incorrect maintenance minders (and repeats of these). I don't know what systems are in charge of what, but with light rain, my lane keeping assist will not work (even with very clear visibility and road markings) and my walk away and lock feature only works about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time. Aha would be decent with HondaLink, but HondaLink almost never connects.

Last edited:

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had choppy bluetooth audio (making BT audio unbearable imo), lots of maintenance reminders (an oil change at 800mi? brakes don't work anymore?)..

So far my walk-away lock works all of the time, and lane keep assist seems pretty good at tracking lane makers around here. Of course it's dry and sunny at the moment..

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had the negative colors, bluetooth dropouts here and there, audio completely stopping while playing pandora (the head unit confirms bluetooth is connected and the song is playing, but no sound), and random incorrect maintenance minders (and repeats of these). I don't know what systems are in charge of what, but with light rain, my lane keeping assist will not work (even with very clear visibility and road markings) and my walk away and lock feature only works about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time.
Lane keep assist doesn't seem to work in the rain as far as I can tell, but that's really an "issue", just the nature of the technology itself.
As far as I can tell The system relies entirely on a visual analysis of contrast between the road and lane markers and it's tolerance for that is pretty low.

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
I've had the negative colors, bluetooth dropouts here and there, audio completely stopping while playing pandora (the head unit confirms bluetooth is connected and the song is playing, but no sound), and random incorrect maintenance minders (and repeats of these). I don't know what systems are in charge of what, but with light rain, my lane
Lighttheif is correct, LKAS doesn't work in inclement weather. If you look at pg 439 in the OM you will see a list of conditions which effect the performance of LKAS. My infotainment system is a huge PITA.
My screen starts blinking and I lose audio as well as all functions associated with the head unit. Oh and I just realized the other day when this happens the buttons on the steering wheels that control audio dont work as well.
UGH!

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Others have praised how well it works in bad weather, though. So inclement is truly subjective.

My power button no longer works on the audio, though. I can mute while it continues to play. It is this way no matter the source. I'm starting to really regret this purchase.

Edit: A forced restart of the Android system gives me back my power control for the audio. However, I have had to restart the Android system twice today for this.

Last edited:

KBS756

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
The Honda part is poorly coded ... but in carplay most of the time other than cutting off siri when i signal right its good

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Lane keep assist doesn't seem to work in the rain as far as I can tell, but that's really an "issue", just the nature of the technology itself.
As far as I can tell The system relies entirely on a visual analysis of contrast between the road and lane markers and it's tolerance for that is pretty low.
Yes, LKAS must be able to 'see' the lane markers, and rain will reduce visibility. But it's not fair to say it "doesn't seem to work in the rain". In my experience, it's worked just was well in the rain (heavy rain I might add), than no rain.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was fine for 3 weeks, but Saturday it started acting weird with the FM and today my volume was AWOL until I rebooted it. :(

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't notice any problems. Then again I only had mine for about a week.

dmcdermot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
I have had my Touring since November 30th and so far no issues, I have pretty much been listening to Sirius exclusively though.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Touring since November 30th and so far no issues, I have pretty much been listening to Sirius exclusively though.
Trouble seems to start when you use something else and switch back and forth. Mine was fine for 3 weeks, and literally the day I started to try FM and other things, it started up. Though that's not always a bad thing I guess, because now my dealership knows I need the new fix.

dmcdermot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
Trouble seems to start when you use something else and switch back and forth. Mine was fine for 3 weeks, and literally the day I started to try FM and other things, it started up. Though that's not always a bad thing I guess, because now my dealership knows I need the new fix.
good to know, I will switch to different sources. I did have FM on briefly and switched back to Sirius without issue. I will try to switch between Carplay, Bluetooth and thumb drive then switch to other sources.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I called the 800-999-1009 number today and reported my issues (walk away and lock not working 50-60% of the time, inverted colors, Pandora audio disconnecting [while the head unit says it continues to play], and the biggest one - the maintenance minder telling me every time I start the car now that I need an oil change [even if I swiped it clear on the last drive]). The lady I spoke with was very nice. It took 25 minutes. I informed them, at their request, what dealer I had taken it to (the dealer politely had no answers for any of my problems), as well. I tried my best not to get the dealer in trouble, as I knew they had no answers as they've been given no answers and they were polite about having no answers... though I was annoyed at the service tech's pressing of my trip odometer knob harder and harder trying to get the maintenance minder to show a "reset." I thought he was going to break it. Old training... new trick... doesn't match up.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Lighttheif is correct, LKAS doesn't work in inclement weather. If you look at pg 439 in the OM you will see a list of conditions which effect the performance of LKAS. My infotainment system is a huge PITA.
My screen starts blinking and I lose audio as well as all functions associated with the head unit. Oh and I just realized the other day when this happens the buttons on the steering wheels that control audio dont work as well.
UGH!
If you can show that to the dealer, they will likely replace the HU which I'm guessing would fix your problems. Screen blinking is weird, probably a quality control issue.

No problems for me with the Touring! I really like the interface.
Sponsored