Having some issues with Infotainment 'Menu' option

Swey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 chevrolet silverado custom dbl cab
Country flag
Hey guys, been lurking here for a while, lots of useful and interesting stuff on here. I purchased a 2016 Civic EX-T on June 1st, haven't had a single problem with it up until today.

I usually load all my music up on a 64GB USB stick for convenience but today i plugged it into my car and it took forever to load, my screen went blank for a moment and everything on my home screen disappeared. I tried rebooting my infotainment system by long pressing my Audio/Power button and It didn't seem to work, I took a video of me trying to use my infotainment system menu option and am posting that here in hopes that someone else here has experienced any of these issues and may possible have a solution.

Video:
Sponsored

kadDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hey guys, been lurking here for a while, lots of useful and interesting stuff on here. I purchased a 2016 Civic EX-T on June 1st, haven't had a single problem with it up until today.

I usually load all my music up on a 64GB USB stick for convenience but today i plugged it into my car and it took forever to load, my screen went blank for a moment and everything on my home screen disappeared. I tried rebooting my infotainment system by long pressing my Audio/Power button and It didn't seem to work, I took a video of me trying to use my infotainment system menu option and am posting that here in hopes that someone else here has experienced any of these issues and may possible have a solution.

Video:

I'm having the same kind of issue...except mine just won't recognize CarPlay and it won't display any of the native Honda menu screens except am/fm so I'm just listening to radio while my car supposedly has a cool effing infotainment system!! Did u happen to get yours fixed somehow?!

OP
OP
Swey

Swey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm having the same kind of issue...except mine just won't recognize CarPlay and it won't display any of the native Honda menu screens except am/fm so I'm just listening to radio while my car supposedly has a cool effing infotainment system!! Did u happen to get yours fixed somehow?!
I actually ended up going to the dealership 2 days ago and they said they're having to order a whole new HU. It wasn't even possible for them to do a firmware update or any of that.

Honestly your best bet is to go to the dealer and have them take a look at it if you can't figure out what's up with it.

kadDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I actually ended up going to the dealership 2 days ago and they said they're having to order a whole new HU. It wasn't even possible for them to do a firmware update or any of that.

Honestly your best bet is to go to the dealer and have them take a look at it if you can't figure out what's up with it.

Thanks for the quick answer...it was at the dealership and those idiots said they didn't see anything wrong when I picked it up so I'm gonna swing by another Honda dealership and see if anybody there is at least familiar

OP
OP
Swey

Swey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the quick answer...it was at the dealership and those idiots said they didn't see anything wrong when I picked it up so I'm gonna swing by another Honda dealership and see if anybody there is at least familiar
Can you get into your menu on the main screen? I think there's a way you can factory reset the thing, Wasn't really possible for me to go do that.

kadDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Can you get into your menu on the main screen? I think there's a way you can factory reset the thing, Wasn't really possible for me to go do that.

Me neither...none of the native Honda menus come up at all except am/fm radio and the fade and balance sound menu...so ya, id love to factory reset if I could! It's ridiculous...

OP
OP
Swey

Swey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Me neither...none of the native Honda menus come up at all except am/fm radio and the fade and balance sound menu...so ya, id love to factory reset if I could! It's ridiculous...
ahh yeah.. When you go to the dealership, ask them if they can do a software update / reflash and if that doesn't work for them, they may just try and replace the entire HU for you like they're doing for me. :D
Sponsored