EX-T Deck lid Removal

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have 2017 EX-T and I want to replace that with a different spoiler. Does anyone know how to remove it. It has about 5 or 6 clips and I have no idea how to get them off.

Thanks!
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have 2017 EX-T and I want to replace that with a different spoiler. Does anyone know how to remove it. It has about 5 or 6 clips and I have no idea how to get them off.

Thanks!
all the clips can be accessed from behind the trunk liner underneath the trunk itself. there is also 1 bolt on the right side. its a size 8 or 10 i believe. i'll tell you this right now is that those clips are the most annoying POS clips to unclip from the limited space you have to work with. and the entire lip is also held done by 3m tape also.

OP
OP
spazz2sick

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
all the clips can be accessed from behind the trunk liner underneath the trunk itself. there is also 1 bolt on the right side. its a size 8 or 10 i believe. i'll tell you this right now is that those clips are the most annoying POS clips to unclip from the limited space you have to work with. and the entire lip is also held done by 3m tape also.
Thanks i managed to get them all off. IT definitely was a pain the the ass, needed two flat heads and something under the lid to prevent the clips from falling back in. I semi wrapped the trunk to cover the holes, but I think it looks like shit lol. I'll post a pic later. I temp installed a different spoiler.

OP
OP
spazz2sick

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks i managed to get them all off. IT definitely was a pain the the ass, needed two flat heads and something under the lid to prevent the clips from falling back in. I semi wrapped the trunk to cover the holes, but I think it looks like shit lol. I'll post a pic later. I temp installed a different spoiler.
So I think it looks pretty good!

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Deck lid Removal IMG_1277.JPG

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Does the RS style spoiler use any of the holes left by the original deck lid spoiler at all?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm stunned at how Honda over-engineered the stock lip spoiler. A couple of clips, a bolt or two and tape is fine but, nah, they had to make it PITA for someone who just wants a different spoiler for their EX-T.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe 2017 Si coupe wing will fit the Sedan?

I'm stunned at how Honda over-engineered the stock lip spoiler. A couple of clips, a bolt or two and tape is fine but, nah, they had to make it PITA for someone who just wants a different spoiler for their EX-T.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
At about 44 seconds into this video, you can see how to remove the stock lip spoiler...

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don't want to remove the lip spoiler. The oem Si spoiler actually is mounted in a different location and wont cover the holes. I over thought this for a long time until I saw the 10thgen Si sedan in person. The spoiler is shaped to the car.

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Deck lid Removal mrd5vs

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Deck lid Removal Honda-Civic_Si_Sedan-2017-1600-59

How exactly are the clips removed I can’t figure it out
View attachment 77635

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Again here is a good picture of a oem Si spoiler placement. You don't want to remove the lip.

Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Deck lid Removal 4htriw

ljseppe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen EX-T Deck lid Removal AD3724AB-4ED0-4EDC-8633-373EFE08BA93
Anyone who’s removed the ext lip spoiler did you remove the clips on the sides where the red lines are or do you have to put a flat head inside?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AD3724AB-4ED0-4EDC-8633-373EFE08BA93.jpeg
Anyone who’s removed the ext lip spoiler did you remove the clips on the sides where the red lines are or do you have to put a flat head inside?
i found it easier to squeeze the tabs you marked red to remove the whole retaining lock
Sponsored