First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea if i install this (wing spoiler with 3rd brake light) do i need to change my trunk spring to a heavy duty one?[/QUOT
Car has a subwoofer, so heavy duty trunk springs may not be able to span across the interior of the trunk without the sub getting in the way. Can you install the spoiler? Yes but that trunk is gonna collapse on you everytime.

it's like when Honda said no armrest for the MT Fit because it 'got in the way' but in reality, it was physically doable.

———What about the ex-l? Will it cover the 7 holes from the lip spoiler?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is a couple years after this topic started and there isn't a single really decent looking lip spoiler option for the sedan. That's nuts. My last couple cars were a Hyundai and a Kia and there were tons of sharp looking spoiler options. I'm amazed at the limited ones available for this gen Civic.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here it is a couple years after this topic started and there isn't a single really decent looking lip spoiler option for the sedan. That's nuts. My last couple cars were a Hyundai and a Kia and there were tons of sharp looking spoiler options. I'm amazed at the limited ones available for this gen Civic.

I don’t hate the sedan decklid spoiler avail in accessories but for some reason I thought you couldn’t remove the tiny lip spoiler on the ex-l and touring sedan to use it though due to the seven holes under the already existing tiny lip one.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t hate the sedan decklid spoiler avail in accessories but for some reason I thought you couldn’t remove the tiny lip spoiler on the ex-l and touring sedan to use it though due to the seven holes under the already existing tiny lip one.
Check out this video:

As far as the tiny lip on my EX-L, it's shocking that Honda drilled holes and bolted that thing on. It only needed 3M tape.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this video:

As far as the tiny lip on my EX-L, it's shocking that Honda drilled holes and bolted that thing on. It only needed 3M tape.

I think it looks great on in the video but those seven holes unfilled seems like a recipe for leakage disaster.
Sponsored