amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
They definitely won't void the warranty for using regular. It says premium recommended.

If you want the full potential of the engine, stick to premium.

You could probably go far on regular gas and Honda fluids but this is a forum of mostly enthusiasts so there's a lot of synthetic oil from boutique manufacturers and definitely no regular gas.
LOL that's the understatement of the year. Also we change our oil every 500 miles, you know, just to be sure. F the MM as well! :)
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Premium fuel is very important in a turbo charged vehicle. You want to avoid detonation.
You won't get detonation. The ECU will pull timing. You may not get the full performance out of the engine, but zero damage will occur

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
You won't get detonation. The ECU will pull timing. You may not get the full performance out of the engine, but zero damage will occur
Good to know. Technology definitely changed the way turbos run these days. I guess the biggest issue is the TQ and rods running high boost

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would not buy a car from a dealer who puts 87 in when 91 is recommended.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would not buy a car from a dealer who puts 87 in when 91 is recommended.
They all do that my friend, since it's not going to hurt the car, it's really no big deal

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
No f’innn way tuned. Not ever trying this stupidity. Price you pay to play. Want to run regular, get something other than the Si. I really don’t understand the mentality of running regular in the Si. If you can’t afford it walk or take the bus....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No f’innn way tuned. Not ever trying this stupidity. Price you pay to play. Want to run regular, get something other than the Si. I really don’t understand the mentality of running regular in the Si. If you can’t afford it walk or take the bus....
Yes, this is the exception, glad you mentioned it. These tunes were written for 91 or 93 octane. In this case, if tuned you MUST run premium, this is stated by the tuners. Otherwise, premium while stock will get you the best performance. But this is America, so...

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Yes, this is the exception, glad you mentioned it. These tunes were written for 91 or 93 octane. In this case, if tuned you MUST run premium, this is stated by the tuners. Otherwise, premium while stock will get you the best performance
Even stock @amirza786 , why would anyone cheap out? I just don’t get it. And I’m paying over $6/gallon for premium!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Even stock @amirza786 , why would anyone cheap out? I just don’t get it. And I’m paying over $6/gallon for premium!
I always, 100 percent used premium in my Si. 87 never entered my tank when I owned it. You should use Premium. But if a person did not, it's not going to hurt their car, but mainly, I'ts not my car, so I don't care what others use

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They all do that my friend, since it's not going to hurt the car, it's really no big deal
Really? Cheap buggers, but I guess it adds up for them. I retract my statement. Here I thought my baby never drank the cheap stuff :cry:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
You know what? Fuck Honda! Run 87 in your Si and then bitch and moan on the forums about you have no power. At least you are saving a couple of bucks! And when you blow your motor, be sure to blame Honda for that as well! Holy fuck the stupidity never ends.....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really? Cheap buggers, but I guess it adds up for them. I retract my statement. Here I thought my baby never drank the cheap stuff :cry:
Dealerships are on the edge when it comes to cash flow. They live on credit and their margins are slim when they move a car and depend on those factory rebates and incentives from the manufacturer. Dealerships are supplemented by their repair facilities and parts and accessory sales. So they will go cheapest method when filling up

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You know what? Fuck Honda! Run 87 in your Si and then bitch and moan on the forums about you have no power. At least you are saving a couple of bucks! And when you blow your motor, be sure to blame Honda for that as well! Holy fuck the stupidity never ends.....
My friend, you seem a bit upset today. Did our President say something today (again) to upset the balance of the world?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
eh... that's a widely discussed and disputed grey area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking

The ECU will pull timing when it detects knock. Knock is pre-ignition or detonation at an unexpected time. Saying "zero damage will occur" paints quite the harmless picture. IMHO, if an engine is prone to knock, it's not running right and is going to have problems.

Now if someone only fed it regular, the timing would get adjusted kinda permanently (effectively enough). The engine would make less power and would be a sad example of how it can run on lower octane fuel.

I'd say giving the engine 91 octane is a minimum since some areas do not have 92 or higher available. Running the engine on 87 octane because "it will adjust to the fuel and back off timing...." is just a horrible idea.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
My friend, you seem a bit upset today. Did our President say something today (again) to upset the balance of the world?
Well, he is proposing a ban of flavored nicotine vape juice due to the sale of lousy THC vitamin e acetate juice.... making the USA again look like a circus led by a clown
Sponsored