Proud owners: do you use regular or premium gas?

Gasoline

• Total voters

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
somewhat of a side question - is there a way to tell what octane the dealer put in? Having literally just bought the car I'm still on that first tank of gas. The dealer I got it from seems competent enough but with most Honda cars only wanting 87 not sure if they would bother with 91 for a very small handful of cars.

was just curious.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
They put 87 in mine.:cry:

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
91 not an option for me at most stations. We get 87, 89 and 93. So I run 93. I seem to get better mileage and better response with the 93.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
do you know this because you asked and they told you, or you found out another method?
They have a pump at the dealer that they use. It said 87 on it. Worst gas mileage of the 3 tanks I've used too 37.5. I've been over 40 with the others.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They have a pump at the dealer that they use. It said 87 on it. Worst gas mileage of the 3 tanks I've used too 37.5. I've been over 40 with the others.
thanks Kritz!

stlnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
I've been a bad boy.:drive:
Same lol it's way too fun not to whip this car around!
And about the gas, I think I was getting better mpg with 91 compared to 93. But I also don't scientifically track it so what do I know lol! Sport mode only

stlnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Sorry for double post but yesterday I reset my trip A counter on the highway. With the ac on the lowest setting and driving 65 mph, on my 12 mile drive I was averaging 50.2 mpg!! I was shocked

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for double post but yesterday I reset my trip A counter on the highway. With the ac on the lowest setting and driving 65 mph, on my 12 mile drive I was averaging 50.2 mpg!! I was shocked
There's an edit button on posts by you ;)

And yes if you start the trip meter while you're already moving, you'll see ridiculous miles per gallon especially if your sample drive is short enough. The real, fun challenge is to try to get that high starting from a stop at the gas pump in the city. On a fairly recent trip to Orlando in a 6-speed LX, the gauge said I'd managed 49.7mpg after 63.5mi total.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
There's an edit button on posts by you ;)

And yes if you start the trip meter while you're already moving, you'll see ridiculous miles per gallon especially if your sample drive is short enough. The real, fun challenge is to try to get that high starting from a stop at the gas pump in the city. On a fairly recent trip to Orlando in a 6-speed LX, the gauge said I'd managed 49.7mpg after 63.5mi total.
I cant wait to get mine and see how much better I can do vs my 200 which averages 28-29 combined 65/35 split hwy/city. If you have a Shell in your area sign up for the Fuel Rewards app and you get 5 cents off every fill up and if you use 93(V-Power + with Nitro for those of you with piss gas) they give you 10 cents off. Also if you are a T-Mobile user, they typically give a 15 cent coupon for Fuel Rewards as part of T-Mobile Tuesdays at least once a month or so.

fegan

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what the dealership put in before I took delivery; however, I put a few gallons of 87 in the first week before I realized I was supposed to run 91 in my Sport Touring Hatchback.

I knew the Si and Type R took Premium, but I didn't know the Sport Touring did...good thing I'm saving some $$$ on my insurance and getting better MPG than my previous vehicle (2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X), I'll still come out way ahead in the long run with my 25 mile daily commute. I was actually looking at the EX-L Navi, then I took a Sport Touring for a test drive and loved it...where do I sign? LOL

Been using 91 for the past 3 weeks and I'm getting around 40-44 mpg (if you can believe the Trip Computer) with ECO mode most ON. If it's really hot outside I'll turn ECO mode OFF until the A/C has ahd a chance to cool down the interior.

Old guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'm still breaking it in on my first tank. The dealer put in 89 octane unleaded, as he does not like ethanol, so he refuses to put it in the cars he sells. When I picked up the car, the salesman and I sat in the car, with the temp being 95 out. The car was running and the AC was ON!!!! We sat there going over all the switches and the the touch screen for over 30 minutes. Had a just over 1 hour drive home and when I got there, the car said that trip had gotten 37.7 MPG. 1/3 of the time the car was running it was not moving and still I get 37.7? and in 95 degree temps!?!?!?!? Very impressed.

My drive to work each day is 3.5 in town and 5 miles highway. In the morning I don't need AC. The window goes down and the sunroof gets open and enjoy the breeze. I've gotten a consistent 41MPG on that short drive. Going home on the other hand, with the mid 90's we've been have here in Iowa, AC on, I've been getting 34 MPG on the way home. Still impressed.

When I finally run this tank out (going till the low fuel light comes on. Want to know how may gallons left until empty) I will be filling it with 90 octane E15. See how that works.

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
With the gas mileage these cars get, high test is affordable. It is also recommended by Honda.
Sponsored