First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im a contractor working at a used car lot as a react developer. One of the salesman hooked me up with the GM of a local Honda dealer. He said i'll get invoice or close too it because of his referral. I just want to make sure what invoice price is so i can come in there knowing what to ask for. So if anyone who knows what invoice is on a 2020 Si and would like to share that'd be great :)

Oh im planning to purchase this friday
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
im a contractor working at a used car lot as a react developer. One of the salesman hooked me up with the GM of a local Honda dealer. He said i'll get invoice or close too it because of his referral. I just want to make sure what invoice price is so i can come in there knowing what to ask for. So if anyone who knows what invoice is on a 2020 Si and would like to share that'd be great :)

Wait until June or July. That is the only way you are going to have more negotiating power. Patience is the key here...

OP
OP
Crakzor

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait until June or July. That is the only way you are going to have more negotiating power. Patience is the key here...
I know the one i want has been sitting on their lot for like 3 weeks. Do you think it being the end of the month and year would give me enough negotiating power?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know the one i want has been sitting on their lot for like 3 weeks. Do you think it being the end of the month and year would give me enough negotiating power?
Probably not. It will get sold. If you start negotiating around May, your will pretty much get the price that is closest to invoice (or even below invoice) by June, or maybe July. The reason is that the 2021's will be just around the corner, and dealers will be wanting to clear out the 2020 inventory. I was able to get my 2018 down from $24,400 to $22,000, but I had to start my negotiations around May. I ended up getting the car June 18, 2018. I did most of the negotiations by email

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
According to Edmunds.com, invoice price is $24,250 for a 2020 Si -

Honda Civic 10th gen any tips for buying a 2020 si at invoice GVOAB6S

Should be able to do better than that but it will probably take some work. I had to haggle with close to a dozen different dealerships before finding one for $23,200. Most of them were not willing to budge more than a few hundred off MSRP.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I offered invoice for a 2018 before they were on the lot and there were piles of 2017s on the lot. They said no. Then I email the dealer and 2 others saying I was willing to come in and sign papers on a car at invoice. One said yes. The other knocked a couple hundred off. I waited a few weeks to get my car off the truck when it came in.

The dealers, especially volume ones, still are making a bit of money off a car at invoice with the hold back (at a minimum). If this place won’t play ball... just send an email out to all the dealers within a distance you’re willing to drive. Civics are a dime a dozen and are still being made. Whatever trim/color you want can be gotten. Someone should take the offer for you to just walk in and sign papers. They’ll be hoping to make their $$$ with financing, maintenance plans, extended warranties, paint protection plans, dealer add-one, etc when you’re in the back doing your paperwork.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I just paid 24,830 for my 2020 last month. I felt lucky as mine was the only one in a 300 mile radius.

If you wait until summer im sure you could do much better, as others have suggested.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Patience is the key. If you give the impression to them that you really want and need this car ASAP, they are less willing to negotiate as they understand human impulse very well and will hit that weakness hard. If the impression to them is you are in no hurry, you have all the time in the world and price is a big sticking point, you will be in a better position to negotiate better pricing

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I think you should be able to get an Si for invoice or close to....especially this last week of the year as the dealers are trying to hit their final numbers before year end. That being said, personally, if I wanted a car I wouldn't wait 6 months to try to save $500 or so. Get the best deal you can now and start enjoying the car, it's a fantastic machine!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you should be able to get an Si for invoice or close to....especially this last week of the year as the dealers are trying to hit their final numbers before year end. That being said, personally, if I wanted a car I wouldn't wait 6 months to try to save $500 or so. Get the best deal you can now and start enjoying the car, it's a fantastic machine!
What about $2,400? That's what I saved waiting 3 months. Maybe for some that's chump change, for me that's 5 or 6 less payments

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Email the local dealers through their website asking for the best price. They are generally willing to offer you a better deal just to get you to physically come to their dealership. If you start talking price in person, they will just give you the runaround.

I got a really good deal on my 2018 SI just by dealing with them online.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Costco's auto buying program usually gets you close to invoice but you have to be a member. I tried to go through them for a 2020 Si sedan but they just recently sent out pricing sheets to participating dealers. I got tired of waiting and hit all local dealers online and was offered a new one at 22,200 with a catch of having to finance through the dealership. I got another dealer to match the price without the financing requirement though it is still available if I want.

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag

Go next Tuesday last day of the year, never a better time to buy, screw invoice, you can get $2000-$3000 off at any Honda dealer, all about units at this point, everyone trying to make bonus, salesman, sales mgr, gm.
Offer a crazy deal, tell them you will buy 12/31/19

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Costco's auto buying program usually gets you close to invoice but you have to be a member. I tried to go through them for a 2020 Si sedan but they just recently sent out pricing sheets to participating dealers. I got tired of waiting and hit all local dealers online and was offered a new one at 22,200 with a catch of having to finance through the dealership. I got another dealer to match the price without the financing requirement though it is still available if I want.
I
Why not buy at that price? Thats crazy low for a 2020 at this time