any tips for buying a 2020 si at invoice

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe 2019 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
For the future, I work in sales at a Honda dealer. I don't mind helping out my fellow Si community when I can!
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I believe over the last two decades car companies have worked on hiding the real invoice(the price the dealer pays Honda for the car). You used to be able to pay Consumer Reports 20 bucks and they'd send you the invoice and you could use that as a negotiation starting point. Nowadays, if Edmunds or whoever says the invoice is 24k I'm willing to bet that's not close to what the dealer pays, more like 20K lol. Anyway, that's the way the world works nowadays, no rights for consumers anymore. some states like Florida are worse than others. My best advice is to simply not rush, save up 5 or 10k or more. Right now the average person is going to pay about 24-25K for a new Si. If you can pay half up front you're way ahead of the game. If you can pay cash, you've won the game as far as I'm concerned. You don't have to buy that Si today or next month. By taking your time, saving you're money, and having a plan of action you will be a smart Si owner with an actual asset on your hands. There's nothing better in the world like beating the system!

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe 2019 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
I believe over the last two decades car companies have worked on hiding the real invoice(the price the dealer pays Honda for the car). You used to be able to pay Consumer Reports 20 bucks and they'd send you the invoice and you could use that as a negotiation starting point. Nowadays, if Edmunds or whoever says the invoice is 24k I'm willing to bet that's not close to what the dealer pays, more like 20K lol. Anyway, that's the way the world works nowadays, no rights for consumers anymore. some states like Florida are worse than others. My best advice is to simply not rush, save up 5 or 10k or more. Right now the average person is going to pay about 24-25K for a new Si. If you can pay half up front you're way ahead of the game. If you can pay cash, you've won the game as far as I'm concerned. You don't have to buy that Si today or next month. By taking your time, saving you're money, and having a plan of action you will be a smart Si owner with an actual asset on your hands. There's nothing better in the world like beating the system!
The number you are referring to is Net-net-net, that’s what the dealers pay for their cars. The difference between triple net and invoice is typically not $3-$4K, that margin gets thinner and thinner every year too. Now, if there are factory incentives from Honda, you may see $3K below invoice, but when there isn’t any help from Honda; it’s usually around $1K-$1800 depending one the vehicle. If you want the best deal on a Honda right now, lease a Ridgeline Sport. There’s crazy discounts on those right now.