OP
futurehendrix

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO
I am going to try aiming my lights up a bit tonight. On the drive to work this morning the sky was clear and I still found they didn't light up much farther than the stock bulbs. Yes they are brighter and light up the ditches more but as for distance, I'm disappointed. That's where I found the stock halogens were terrible.
Yes, the distance on any LED light really is not comparable to a higher rate halogen or HID kit unfortunately. Because of the LEDs being on the side of each light, the projectors don't throw the light 360 degrees like it's meant to be. With that being said, that is probably the only downside of using LED lights- which for a lot of people is a big deal. I would say, if you live in a more rural area, where it gets completely pitch black at night and deer can seriously effect your drive home- LEDs may not be a good option. Due to the fact that the amount of light thrown ahead of you is limited because of the projectors. If you live in a suburbs or city like myself, the necessary amount of light I truly need to be able to see is what I get from these LED's. Look at the attached pic, that's at least 15ft of light being thrown ahead of me.

It's really a matter of preference, driving habits, where you live, and what type of "look" you want. I went LED because they last longer, their easier to install, and they look just as good as an HID kit- not as bright but closer than anything else.

Personal note- I didn't buy these lights for their distance or for safety- as crazy as it sounds. I bought them to match the DRLs and to look sexy AF. I have these lights in 2 vehicles and don't have issues seeing anything. But again, it's all about preference bro, what works for me- may not exactly work for you.

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT 0112162150_zpspfyxqfgc
Sponsored

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Ya. I find they don't throw very far and in the city at night they don't really do anything but make the car look nice. I might end up going to hid or some good halogens. The led's aren't what I need exactly. We have lots of deer and moose where I drive so I like being able to see a bit farther ahead than what I can. Too bad I can't return the lights since I used them.

OP
OP
futurehendrix

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya. I find they don't throw very far and in the city at night they don't really do anything but make the car look nice. I might end up going to hid or some good halogens. The led's aren't what I need exactly. We have lots of deer and moose where I drive so I like being able to see a bit farther ahead than what I can. Too bad I can't return the lights since I used them.
Damn Moose....lol Yeah I didn't realize you were in Canada- that's some serious shit

OP
OP
futurehendrix

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to call Xenon Depot and ask to exchange for an HID Kit- I do believe that they'll only charge you $50 for that. I know a few other people who did it, but every situation varies most likely

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I'll have to try that. Their cheap set doesn't come in 5000K which is what I would like but the philips one does but it's like $50 more or so. But that's American so close to like $80 or so extra for me. But I'll have to talk to them and maybe they will do something for me

Steady State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I just changed out a set of 55w HID's as I was having issues with the 1 Ballast buzzing and a 1 Bulb burnt out in a week & I was sick of doing RMA's and taking 3-4 days to get a response from an HID website and they never answer their phone (1-866), so I went with JDM ASTAR 8th Gen LED, and Im liking them so far and were easy to install and didn't have to flip the heatsink as it fit perfectly, driver side was a little harder to get in but no issues. I'll have to see how the night driving goes but the color looks good to me. I bought because the reviews were 5 Star... and priced right, If I would have waited I would have went with GTRlighting.com 2nd Gen's LED's, but I want stuff now, I don't like waiting... and no reviews on the GTR's yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018SV3OUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT IMG_0359.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT IMG_0360.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT IMG_0361.JPG

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still waiting for my LEDs to come in. But earlier in this thread, someone mentioned getting the blue halogen bulbs as an alternative to get the white HID/LED look. In case anyone wants a comparison, I installed blue halogen bulbs in my high beams today and here's a pic of what it looks like next to the stock low beams and the LED DRLs. The blue halogen bulbs are definitely whiter than the stock halogen bulbs, but not as white as the LED DRLs.

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT IMG_0361.JPG

Kroms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just changed out a set of 55w HID's as I was having issues with the 1 Ballast buzzing and a 1 Bulb burnt out in a week & I was sick of doing RMA's and taking 3-4 days to get a response from an HID website and they never answer their phone (1-866), so I went with JDM ASTAR 8th Gen LED, and Im liking them so far and were easy to install and didn't have to flip the heatsink as it fit perfectly, driver side was a little harder to get in but no issues. I'll have to see how the night driving goes but the color looks good to me. I bought because the reviews were 5 Star... and priced right, If I would have waited I would have went with GTRlighting.com 2nd Gen's LED's, but I want stuff now, I don't like waiting... and no reviews on the GTR's yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018SV3OUK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT {filename} Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT {filename} Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT {filename}
let me know how you like these. They look interesting!

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my LEDs today! :D
I just drove around my neighborhood to see how bright they are. They're brighter than the halogens, but I expected them to be even brighter. Either way, I'm still happy with it overall

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT {filename}

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
What do you guys think about these on Amazon? About half the price and still have Luxeon LEDs and the flexible heatsinks. Not many reviews, but at least the negative ones don't seem too convincing.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Just have to remember. Because they say it has something, doesn't always mean it's true. Just throwing that out there

OP
OP
futurehendrix

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you guys think about these on Amazon? About half the price and still have Luxeon LEDs and the flexible heatsinks. Not many reviews, but at least the negative ones don't seem too convincing.
I'd bet 100$ that they're fakes. I've talked to Steve w/ Xenon Depot (he's a rep or manager) and theyre currently the only ones selling the 100% Authentic and OEM Phillps Luxeon Led. I would absolutely NOT buy these. Spend the extra 50$ and buy the legit product that is warrantied for 2 years !

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update: I posted a few days ago commenting on my disappointment on how these LEDs were not as bright as I anticipated them to be. Part of it was because the light didn't seem to go far enough for me to see anything. I aimed the headlights up and gave each side about 3 turns. Now I can see much better at night without blinding other drivers.

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Still anxiously waiting for my Xenon Depot LED Headlights! Unfortunately when I had ordered it the item was on back order.. I'm hoping to get it this week. Tired of these halogen bulbs :(
Sponsored