Hikari H11 LED headlight bulbs review

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
So, just got my hikari LEDs in. They match the DRLs great first of all, and they took but 1 minute to install. They have a small fan which makes a slight high pitched sound but you can't really hear it with the hood closed and the car on. The look is amazing, great value for (currently) $69.99 on Amazon. I wouldn't say they have a whole lot more throw than the original lights but they definitely are clearer and a little brighter. I definitely recommend them. Plug and play install, 1 minute tops install. 1/10 difficulty!

Pardon the bad picture and the stock fogs, I just ordered the Sirius H8 fog bulbs which should be in tomorrow. 1:30am and installed them in the dark.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hikari H11 LED headlight bulbs review 0921170047
Sponsored

Kavooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
So, just got my hikari LEDs in. They match the DRLs great first of all, and they took but 1 minute to install. They have a small fan which makes a slight high pitched sound but you can't really hear it with the hood closed and the car on. The look is amazing, great value for (currently) $69.99 on Amazon. I wouldn't say they have a whole lot more throw than the original lights but they definitely are clearer and a little brighter. I definitely recommend them. Plug and play install, 1 minute tops install. 1/10 difficulty!

Pardon the bad picture and the stock fogs, I just ordered the Sirius H8 fog bulbs which should be in tomorrow. 1:30am and installed them in the dark.

0921170047.jpg
They look great! How are they holding up, any issues?

SonicGreyStorm

Manual transmission for life...
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turbo 6sp MT
Country flag
Wow they do look great...update? I need to change out stock!

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not op, but I have Hikari eye of megatrons in my highs/lows/fogs and they are holding up great had them for ~10k miles so far.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Not op, but I have Hikari eye of megatrons in my highs/lows/fogs and they are holding up great had them for ~10k miles so far.
You have the New Version Of Hikari?
Im buying hikari lightbulbs but it says H11( H9,H8)
It means it can i can use anywhereLowbeans?Fohlight?

OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
Two year update: one bulb fried itself so i switched back to the stock bulbs. The hikaris did not end up having as good visibility as the stock headlights either way. I would probably go HID next time if I got a new set of headlights.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Two year update: one bulb fried itself so i switched back to the stock bulbs. The hikaris did not end up having as good visibility as the stock headlights either way. I would probably go HID next time if I got a new set of headlights.
What brand of LED you were Using ?

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX hatchback (2019), Pilot (2016)
Country flag
I'm about to order these, but I have a concern with probably 90% - they have fans to keep them cool enough to not die. Fans like that easily fail. Should these be considered consumables like halogens? There are some that use fanless heat sinks, but I haven't seen any long-term reliability reports and most reviews on youtube are during immediate installation and typically paid in some way.

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX hatchback (2019), Pilot (2016)
Country flag

0921170047.jpg

After watching a particular youtube video from BulbFacts, I went with Katana which is half the cost and are about the same in performance. I put them in tonight and no problems. So, now the fogs and high beams look really weird with their color.

How are the Sirius fogs holding up?

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
The best I've ever seen are Beamtechs. I tried hikari and they weren't any better than anything else I've tried at the time. And they're cheaper than hikaris too.

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Mine came from LASFIT. They were good but one fried after a week. After 2-3 weeks i'm still bulbless so i have the stocks in for now... slow service

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I'm about to order these, but I have a concern with probably 90% - they have fans to keep them cool enough to not die. Fans like that easily fail. Should these be considered consumables like halogens? There are some that use fanless heat sinks, but I haven't seen any long-term reliability reports and most reviews on youtube are during immediate installation and typically paid in some way.
the led will die before the fan. Trust me.
Sponsored