First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
Hi all!

I’m looking for a wiring diagram for all outer lights. I’m trying to put my fogs and side indicators on a toggle switch and I can’t find a wiring diagram for a 2017 hatch. I know there are kits out there but none of them include the side indicators so I feel my best bet is to reach out here. If anyone can help please do!
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
You wanna do what now? The fog lights are already on a switch, on the combination switch, you can toggle those on/off. If you want the little orange bumper lights to be on a toggle, those are tied into the headlights and have separate grounds, there is no simple way of doing that without cutting a very specific wire in the underhood relay box.

A lot of the electrical on the 10th gen uses control modules (BCAN) now, messing with this stuff could cause the car to not start if you smoke the BCM that controls this stuff lol. Honest recommendation, don't mess with it my dude.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi all!

I’m looking for a wiring diagram for all outer lights. I’m trying to put my fogs and side indicators on a toggle switch and I can’t find a wiring diagram for a 2017 hatch. I know there are kits out there but none of them include the side indicators so I feel my best bet is to reach out here. If anyone can help please do!
seselectronics makes a module that turns on the daytime side fogs and headlights all at once or individually

OP
OP
uno_civic

uno_civic

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
You wanna do what now? The fog lights are already on a switch, on the combination switch, you can toggle those on/off. If you want the little orange bumper lights to be on a toggle, those are tied into the headlights and have separate grounds, there is no simple way of doing that without cutting a very specific wire in the underhood relay box.

A lot of the electrical on the 10th gen uses control modules (BCAN) now, messing with this stuff could cause the car to not start if you smoke the BCM that controls this stuff lol. Honest recommendation, don't mess with it my dude.
I’ve already wired LED sequentials into the side indicators and I’m about to wire in new fogs and besides that I’ve got 3 years of electrical under my belt. I’m not just some air head who thinks he’s a tech. I know they have separate grounds and I know it’s gonna take some work which is why I need the wiring diagram so I don’t have to spend a day under the hood following wires from the lights.
Also you do have a good point on smoking the BCM but if I do continuity tests on all my work to make sure there are no shorts then I’m fine.
I appreciate your recommendation and I’ll let you know if I fuck my car up so you can say “I told you so” but for now can I just get a diagram?

zacwel

First Name
Zaccari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
OP
OP
uno_civic

uno_civic

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring diagram 1680102641470

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring diagram 1680102666107

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring diagram 1680102681280

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring diagram 1680102783465

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring diagram 1680102803956

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
can I just get a diagram?
Calm down, no one is trying to insult your electrical intelligence; just trying to provide useful information to an unknown person.

The wiring diagram(s) are part of the service manual, do you have a download of that? If not, it is available from a number of places, including on this site, just Google or search here for it.

If you do, the exterior lights system is section 56, begining on page 70.
Sponsored