RunRiot_FK7

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EX Hatch, 17 Chevy SS 6MT, 15 Lexus RCF
Country flag
I messed up a pair of new Morimoto Headlights for my car by accidently swapping a wire around and frying the assembly. I ended up buying a new pair and upon installing the new ones, I realized that on the driver side headlight, the DRL do not work when the low beams & highbeams are on. The DRL is just really really dim. The DRL works fine when its not on low beam or highbeams. I checked if the headlight was defective by plugging it into the other side and it worked fine so I'm guessing it is a wiring issue or something else. I hate doing electrical work but the small "diag" work I've done so far is checked the relays and fuses, as well as chasing down wires to see if any of them are loose.
I've tried to look for a diagram sheet to chase the wires more but I cannot find one, where would I be able to get one? The local Honda dealership was no help at all because they wanted to diagnose it themselves instead. Which is tempting but they also wanted me to leave the car there for a couple of days which is hard since its my only car.
Any suggestions / help would be very helpful!
Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does same issue occur with original headlights?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Not sure. But it seems like the DRLs might be controlled somewhat by the Body Control Module. I base this on my observation that they are off when when the car is started; but switch on when the transmission is moved out of 'Park'.

Also... I believe there are two DRL 10 Amp fuses; one under the hood and one under the dash.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please ignore cracked screen. Windshield wiper threw my laptop over the fender when I accidentally hit wipers lol.
Purple wires go to a single relay that goes to a single fuse (a17 10amp), gray wires are activated with the parking/headlights, black is ground. Connect passenger headlight to driver connectors and see if the same thing happens.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic EX headlight wiring diagram D03B0A21-D49E-4E3E-933D-F8ED08D8D5FC
Sponsored