Wiper operation, 'Automatic' intermittent

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Has anybody else had the silicon sheet replaced and seen an improvement? Unfortunately, my service center has to reliably be able to reproduce the issue in order for them to fix it, no matter if many users are experiencing the same thing. I was hoping to see a couple more success stories before trying my luck at the service center lottery...
My tech did some kind of diagnostic on mine and decided to replace the film and sensor. It is scheduled to be replaced this Wednesday. We are supposed to have some rain on Thursday, I'll post the results.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I've seen that post, I was just hoping for another confirmation that it worked for them...
Maybe you should read it again? (I added the BOLD).
Update
Ok guys today is a rainy day here in Montreal Canada and i can say that my wipers are fixed :)
… They didn't change my sensor only the silicone sheet and it works perfectly!!

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Update...the dealer replaced the whole sensor, not just the silicone sheet. It is raining here and the wipers are now working. No customer that paid close to $30k for a car should have to be treated like this just to get things fixed on a new car. Thankfully the dealer finally did what they are supposed to do.
Tell me about it! I guess that's the cost for gettimg new gen models

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update...the dealer replaced the whole sensor, not just the silicone sheet.
If I interpret the parts catalog correctly, the sensor ships with a sheet. The sheet is available separately but not the sensor. Glad to hear they got is sorted out for you. I've got a lot of other things going on now, but mid- next month, I'll take this one on with the dealer.

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
My tech did some kind of diagnostic on mine and decided to replace the film and sensor. It is scheduled to be replaced this Wednesday. We are supposed to have some rain on Thursday, I'll post the results.
We've only had a bit of light rain since they replaced the film and sensor two days ago, but so far the wipers are at least working. It's too early to come to any conclusion on how well the rain sensing works, time will tell. I don't think mine ever worked properly.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Update
Ok guys today is a rainy day here in Montreal Canada and i can say that my wipers are fixed :)
It works really well, when im on a red light it goes a little slower when driving they go a little faster, and they never went bizzerk once! The sentivity also works great overall im real happy that this problem is gone! If you guys have a problem with your wipers tell your dealer to change that silicone sheet! They didn't change my sensor only the silicone sheet and it works perfectly!!
Lucky you...mine silicone film was also replaced but only to be disappointed again. The collateral damage (trying to remove parts and from the general mishaps here and there) that is being done to my new car from these repeated attempts at fixing my issues is really pissing me off.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
No you didn't!

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll post mine. Ours initially didn't work at all. Not sensing rain. No wiping. None. Dealer replaced silicon sheet--took two visits, one to agree, yes, they don't work and get part on order, another to R&R the sensor with the new sheet. They work as expected now.

motorcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic-touring
Country flag
Is there any final solution for wiper sensor? battery reset? silicon sheet? any upgrade or recall from Honda??

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
Is there any final solution for wiper sensor? battery reset? silicon sheet? any upgrade or recall from Honda??
I had the silicon sheet replaced. I'd say it went from being 25% effective to 90%. I'd guess the last 10% is just because the system is not that refined. Anyhow, it did make a difference. Took 6 months arguing with the dealer...

motorcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic-touring
Country flag
I had the silicon sheet replaced. I'd say it went from being 25% effective to 90%. I'd guess the last 10% is just because the system is not that refined. Anyhow, it did make a difference. Took 6 months arguing with the dealer...
wow...my dealer had no idea about silicon change...does it also help on gradual increase in wiper speed?... I have to turn it off and on right now..

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
wow...my dealer had no idea about silicon change...does it also help on gradual increase in wiper speed?... I have to turn it off and on right now..
Yes, I found it helps keep things a little more intermittent if that's what you mean.