Wiper operation, 'Automatic' intermittent

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
my wipers just operate as intermittent wipers, rain has no effect on them, I never wanted the option to begin with but it is standard on my model.
Sponsored

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just had the VSA and TCM updates done to my Touring. Now the Auto wipers seem to act better, more like adjustable intermittent. Maybe I was just driving in perfect conditions for the system but we'll see

astrosteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have this problem also on my 2016 Touring. It seemed to work fine originally, but it's gotten worse and worse. It goes crazy fast even on a super light mist. I can turn it off and back to auto, and it goes slower for a couple seconds, then back to crazy fast. Really annoying. Moving the intermittent ring back and forth has no affect. I'll be calling Honda about bringing it in, I need to get the recall done on the emergency brakes, as I sure have that issue, where it won't work if you do it while turning the car off. I'll go out now and see if I can find what this sensor looks like.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
I have this problem also on my 2016 Touring. It seemed to work fine originally, but it's gotten worse and worse. It goes crazy fast even on a super light mist. I can turn it off and back to auto, and it goes slower for a couple seconds, then back to crazy fast. Really annoying. Moving the intermittent ring back and forth has no affect. I'll be calling Honda about bringing it in, I need to get the recall done on the emergency brakes, as I sure have that issue, where it won't work if you do it while turning the car off. I'll go out now and see if I can find what this sensor looks like.
Hi
You mentioned that there is a recall about emergency brakes. When did Honda issue this recall. I checked my Vin number on Honda Canada website and there is no recall showing on my Vin. Please let me know about this. Thanks

astrosteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi
You mentioned that there is a recall about emergency brakes. When did Honda issue this recall. I checked my Vin number on Honda Canada website and there is no recall showing on my Vin. Please let me know about this. Thanks
I got a letter in the mail about this, several months ago I think. I'm not sure all the models have the same setup, but on my 2016 Civic Touring, the emergency brakes are a little electric switch. It works every time if I do it before I shut the engine off (I've gotten used to doing this now). But if I do it and shut off the engine at the same time (or close to the same time), it does not activate the brakes, and I cannot even set the brakes then when the engine is off, I have to turn the car back on to get it to set the brakes. Very annoying, but also a potential dangerous issue. Here's a link: http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/honda-recalls-350000-civics-electronic-parking-brake-glitch FYI: The red light showing the emergency brake is on is always correct. When the problem happens, the red light is off.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Any chance that there is some coating on the windshield blocking the sensor? Also maybe try a battery reset

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Originally, my rain sensors didn't work, so essentially I had intermittent wipers without the sensing part. Then I took it in to be fixed under warranty. The dealer changed the sensor, and something else which I can't remember, and now I have the exact same problem as you.

In hindsight, I should have stayed with the intermittent wipers and non-working rain sensor. Oh well, live and learn. I haven't decided if I'm going to have it looked at again. It's a pain to leave the car.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi
Same, is it just me and you or has there been no mention of this in Canada?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have not got any letter or information from either dealer or Honda Canada. So no clue...
SMH, oh well, I'm using mine everyday with no issues. I feel sorry for the poor sucker though when this system kills itself lmao.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
SMH, oh well, I'm using mine everyday with no issues. I feel sorry for the poor sucker though when this system kills itself lmao.
Mine works fine most of the time except sometimes when they still go crazy... But they are squeaky, I don't know why as the blades rubber are still almost new....

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine works fine most of the time except sometimes when they still go crazy... But they are squeaky, I don't know why as the blades rubber are still almost new....
I've had good luck with OEM replacement refills

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I am going to replace them in Summer with OEM replacement refills. So far, I have the stock ones whichI got with the car more than a year ago....
Jezzzzz man, just got get them now lol, they cost like $8, not sure if you drive in the snow, but the difference is night and day.
Sponsored