Why didn't Honda tune the stock configuration to give us more power?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This isn’t going to be a popular opinion here, but I don’t think this car needs significantly more power without going AWD. First gear is already useless and second spins on the factory tires. More power will help on highway pulls but driveability in low gears will suffer.
Throttle control is a thing. Smarter TCS as well for those that don’t want to learn. Granted the latter might not be worth Honda’s efforts.
Sponsored

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They will have no chance in traffic if you can drive..
I think it has to do more with self-preservation. Yea I used to do that in my teens, but now there’s much to live for, whether family or career.

I wouldn’t want a “street racer” zig zagging through traffic only to end someone’s life, for pure ego.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Ya. Main thing in the states is emissions especially Cali. where with the new OBD 2 Can setup, it's hard to really tune a car to get true power and actually pass. A friend of mine is an inspector and he said that with the new test for new cars, it can tell if the ecu has been hacked. I was watching of the "Honda Pro Jason" video and he said in England the stock was @ 316 but that was because to the gas they have there. I wonder what would happen if you put a 100+ octane on a all stock CTR and see what numbers we get.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
I think it has to do more with self-preservation. Yea I used to do that in my teens, but now there’s much to live for, whether family or career.

I wouldn’t want a “street racer” zig zagging through traffic only to end someone’s life, for pure ego.
stay in the right lane

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
when you see a type r comeing in your rear view move over.
yiu are more likely to kill someone in your civic 1.5t or si with your poor suspension setup

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
when you see a type r comeing in your rear view move over.
yiu are more likely to kill someone in your civic 1.5t or si with your poor suspension setup
My type r has a 1.5t? Having a sports car does not give a reason to drive like a jerk. Besides, we drive civics, not Ferraris...

Last edited:

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Somehow I feel like someone in a 1.5T with "terrible suspension" could probably outdrive you.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nah man, he's darting in and out of lanes at "supercar speeds" no mere tesla or 1.5t can navigate a traffic jam like this bozo.

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Since owning the Type R it is like a magnet to people acting like idiots attempting to trigger you to a race or just getting a reaction from me. When I met my wife i taught her how to drive stick so I can drink and she drives, but also because its always a surprise when you pull up to a nice car that you know its only a manual transmission and the reaction from other people automatically goes from provoking to being surprise. The result of those drivers being surprise is safer in our lives so I often let her drive my car. I'll admit that when im driving with my mods that I fall into that trap and sometimes I give people what they want.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Since owning the Type R it is like a magnet to people acting like idiots attempting to trigger you to a race or just getting a reaction from me. When I met my wife i taught her how to drive stick so I can drink and she drives, but also because its always a surprise when you pull up to a nice car that you know its only a manual transmission and the reaction from other people automatically goes from provoking to being surprise. The result of those drivers being surprise is safer in our lives so I often let her drive my car. I'll admit that when im driving with my mods that I fall into that trap and sometimes I give people what they want.
95% of the time I go out for an evening drive I have atleast 1 person either ricer fly by/provoke/show off to me....which can be a good or bad thing depending. When I had my 2008 tl-s I would go on drives late at night up and down the highways looking for some fun and no one was ever down. The CTR put that shit in easy mode haha

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
95% of the time I go out for an evening drive I have atleast 1 person either ricer fly by/provoke/show off to me....which can be a good or bad thing depending. When I had my 2008 tl-s I would go on drives late at night up and down the highways looking for some fun and no one was ever down. The CTR put that shit in easy mode haha
I just act like I cant notice anyone lol :)

Unless i see another Si and Type R then I'll try to get their attention and wave at em lool.

I dont like street racing

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
My 2020 Canadian CTR says 87 minimum on the fuel filler door.
I'm assuming the stock tune handles 87, which is why its tuned as such.
No 87 is the minimum temporary in an emergency. Not recommended fuel. It’s just like manufacturers say you can use a different weight oil temporarily. It’s tuned to run on 91. It will handle 87 cause the ecu will pull timing but run poorly. Any car that say premium will run on 87 just not correctly. If you try putting 87 in and go get on it your asking for trouble.
Sponsored