Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
The Canadians only have to pay MSRP for limited edition and that makes me jealous:popcorn:
I wish US also have laws that ban dealers from selling cars over sticker price.
I wouldn’t be surprised when you are finally called into the dealership for the paperwork, they put you in the pressure cooker with warranty and accessories add-ons.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
7k-10k markup is common in the US. Save up now if you plan on getting one.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised when you are finally called into the dealership for the paperwork, they put you in the pressure cooker with warranty and accessories add-ons.
That’s why I picked the same dealership where I picked up my 2017 R even though they’re an hour away. They didn’t charge me any extra when I picked it up in Sep 2017 (when everybody else in the GTA made buyers pay for “dealer installed options”)

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
That’s why I picked the same dealership where I picked up my 2017 R even though they’re an hour away. They didn’t charge me any extra when I picked it up in Sep 2017 (when everybody else in the GTA made buyers pay for “dealer installed options”)
I hope you get the same experience as last time. Knowing this is a LE they could play it differently this time. Even at MSRP it’s close to $60k+ CAD on the road for us Canadians ?.

pwrful4

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR
Country flag
No online system, see your dealer. There will be 600 allocations more than likely given to the top 600 dealers in sales. Doubt they'll do a spread like 6 to the top dealer, 4 to the 2nd, etc.

I think it will be interesting to see how the US allocations are done. Because of the virus, I’m also wondering if Honda will choose an online reservation and bypass dealerships as well, similar to what was done in Canada.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
No online system, see your dealer. There will be 600 allocations more than likely given to the top 600 dealers in sales. Doubt they'll do a spread like 6 to the top dealer, 4 to the 2nd, etc.
Well yes, we know that now. My post you quoted is a tad in the past.

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, BMW ZHP 330i
Country flag
any idea how much dealers will mark up on those , any words ?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Last I looked I think there were over 1100 dealers for Honda in the us? so less then half will get 1 car. Considering the mark up on other limited cars right now I would be that the limited civic R will hit 70k plus and then the ones that dont will go to the dealers owner or kids or friends first. I see very little of these getting out in the wild at a reasonable price.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Last I looked I think there were over 1100 dealers for Honda in the us? so less then half will get 1 car. Considering the mark up on other limited cars right now I would be that the limited civic R will hit 70k plus and then the ones that dont will go to the dealers owner or kids or friends first. I see very little of these getting out in the wild at a reasonable price.
Only 600 units will be sent to the US. So it looks like a little over half will get it. 10-15k markups would put it around 60k.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Only 600 units will be sent to the US. So it looks like a little over half will get it. 10-15k markups would put it around 60k.
Yeah sorry I miss spoke when I said less then half I meant to say around half ( just being in general). But I disagree on the mark up. the regular type r did and still (at retarded dealers) have mark ups higher then that. Other regular cars with limited editions are higher then 20k mark ups. They are expecting the crappy mach -e to have crazy mark ups. some gt 500 mustangs are marked up over double msrp and remember when everyone was ohh ill get a new c8 for msrp of 59k LOL I said yeah no you wont they argued and here we are... good luck finding a used one under 100k. watch we will see 70k plus on these. mark my words and even if we don't. we are talking greedy American car dealers here. The cars will get kept or sold to friends and family. But it is all speculation guess we will see at the end of the month. Hopefully they wont have huge markups but we all seen what happen when the first ones were released 10k-25k mark ups. a limited yeah its gonna cost ya. But at end of the day I hope people who want them can get them at a reasonable price. Now if someones only reason to buy one cheap is to turn around and do what dealers do marking it up for a quick buck. then I hope they get screwed LOL
Sponsored