Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Most likely socal :) those poor guys get screwed every time. even at say a 10k mark up we are getting into a 55k plus out the door civic. I mean I love the cars but damn just for a color. I know I know there are few other do dads but you know what I mean :) thats closing in on that base c8 and I rather have that for sure. if they ever come out

But here's to hoping they dont and everyone who wants ne gets one at a reasonable price. cant wait to hear the first stories on the I just bought my limited civic type R thread im sure will be started soon :)
The problem is the Federal Reserve has blown such a massive stock market bubble that there's millions of people out there with more money than they know what to do with. So they don't care if the special Type R is $45k or $55k, their stock portfolio goes up $10k every day. What's another day's worth of gains?

The working stiffs who don't have multi-million dollar stock portfolios get boned, per usual.
Sponsored

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
Honestly kind of what I was thinking in terms of price. The 2021 models saw a decent price increase as well so with tax it's $50.4k here in Alberta. I'm kind of curious if the $54,600 includes freight and a few other things like their pricing displayed for other models. Will feel like there will be quite a few people dropping out of their costs though as close to $60k all in there's a lot of car you can buy for that money...

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So 54,600 Canadian in US dollars is 41,086 . If they keep the same pricing. Then add a few other things they always do and you are gonna be looking at 45K out the door in the US? But I can just about bet everyone of these here will have at least a 10k if not more mark up. So we are talking most likely a 55k or more civic in the US. I love the car and fully support anyone who wants it. But man there are way better cars that can be bought for that cash. But if you got the cash and just gotta have it. Im fully expecting a thread of disbelief in the mark ups once these hit sales floors. I wont be surprised if 60k or more. Also with only 600 coming out. good luck. Most will end up in the dealers owners son hands and the sales managers friends. I doubt many will see general publics hands. and then will be from people trying to flip them so will make them more expensive.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Honestly kind of what I was thinking in terms of price. The 2021 models saw a decent price increase as well so with tax it's $50.4k here in Alberta. I'm kind of curious if the $54,600 includes freight and a few other things like their pricing displayed for other models. Will feel like there will be quite a few people dropping out of their costs though as close to $60k all in there's a lot of car you can buy for that money...
As per the hondanews site, $54,600 is before Freight, PDI, and fees.
https://hondanews.ca/en/news/releas...-in-Canada-includes-Exclusive-Limited-Edition

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Yup, $54,600 CAD does buy you a lot of car on the used market for sure, even though it’s not apples to apples. My fully loaded (DCT, sunroof, MP exhaust) OG N55 BMW M2 was just under $50k CAD before taxes, and only slightly used at 10,500 kms.

Got some time to make a decision as my build date for my LE allocation is supposedly November with a late Winter - early Spring arrival.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Yup, $54,600 CAD does buy you a lot of car on the used market for sure, even though it’s not apples to apples. My fully loaded (DCT, sunroof, MP exhaust) OG N55 BMW M2 was just under $50k CAD before taxes, and only slightly used at 10,500 kms.

Got some time to make a decision as my build date for my LE allocation is supposedly November with a late Winter - early Spring arrival.
Have the dealers been notified with the build dates now?

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Anybody gotten any updates yet regarding US dealership allocations for the LE?

Anybody in Canada actually received their’s?

Interesting. So are Canadian buyers getting their orders AFTER U.S. dealers?

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
Interesting because I was told my build date is January/February with an March/April arrival. You would think they would build all the allocations for a specific region at the same time

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag

It's possible. They may want to make 600 of the US configuration before switching over to making the 100 CAN configuration.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
At $8,400 over the standard 2021 that seems quite steep, though in line with US pricing for their markup over the standard 2021.

hahaha what?

Wow. That's crazy overpriced. US version going to be like 80k when dealerships get done with it. Glad I got a 2019 and happy for anyone that got a 2020 - that's just silly.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Have the dealers been notified with the build dates now?
In my case, I asked my dealer’s assistant manager to inquire about my CAN- badge number and he asked “corporate” (dunno if that means Honda Canada or Swindon) and found out my production date that’s tied to my order number.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag

Haven’t heard of anyone in Canada getting theirs yet. My friend who chose a different dealer than I did actually has his badge number already, which means his car has entered production.