Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Not exactly the most exciting nor in-depth video, but itā€™s the first review video Iā€™ve seen. In case youā€™re also itchy to see the Phoenix Yellow in action:

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Not exactly the most exciting nor in-depth video, but itā€™s the first review video Iā€™ve seen. In case youā€™re also itchy to see the Phoenix Yellow in action:

Watched the video this morning... a couple of errors in his review:
1. Honda makes 1000 copies of the LE, not 700.
2. the 2-piece rotors are not cross-drilled.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag

Seen this first LE review couple days ago. Here is another small snippet review from another vlogger.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, the latest global production number I saw was 1,020 units. I wonder if it's because they've decided to add 20 for the Australian market.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/09/h...vic-type-r-limited-edition-through-a-lottery/
I hope no one gets feelings hurt but Iā€™m having trouble justifying a significant bump in MSRP for a Limited. They created something quite rare by limiting production. To me, that doesnā€™t make it special or exceptional, just scarce.. Honda premodified a few things, removed some others, put that in drawings so baseline. They still didnā€™t give it any more HP/Tq but they did try to correct tires/wheels easy that prone to damage due to profile, still issues with second gear grind & 4th lockout (I bet) overheating. I could go on but several minor flaws remain. You want me to pay wads more, fix those in a Limited to demonstrate youā€™re listening to consumers and can take a more dynamic and rapid approach to resolution. Shiny object emphatuation?
I see a slightly lighter weight funky color that does little more even for a track geek who would still have to put a couple grand in parts to have it beat the modā€™d (un)Limited field. Big let down here thereā€™s nothing significantly special except few out there. Flawed yellow diamonds are rare but I wouldnā€™t own one, anyone else see the similarity?
:sleep:

Last edited:

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, BMW ZHP 330i
Country flag
I hope no one gets feelings hurt but Iā€™m having trouble justifying a significant bump in MSRP for a Limited. They created something quite rare by limiting production. To me, that doesnā€™t make it special or exceptional, just scarce.. Honda premodified a few things, removed some others, put that in drawings so baseline. They still didnā€™t give it any more HP/Tq but they did try to correct tires/wheels easy that prone to damage due to profile, still issues with second gear grind & 4th lockout (I bet) overheating. I could go on but several minor flaws remain. You want me to pay wads more, fix those in a Limited to demonstrate youā€™re listening to consumers and can take a more dynamic and rapid approach to resolution. Shiny object emphatuation?
I see a slightly lighter weight funky color that does little more even for a track geek who would still have to put a couple grand in parts to have it beat the modā€™d (un)Limited field. Big let down here thereā€™s nothing significantly special except few out there. Flawed yellow diamonds are rare but I wouldnā€™t own one, anyone else see the similarity?

this will give you the answer, but unfortunately very few will see the track and will be store in climate control garages by all the rich folks!

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
We just allocated one at my dealership in Lockport, NY, near Buffalo. It will $10k above sticker, and a min $3k deposit is needed (fully refundable). Sorry, we don't mark our regular Type R up over sticker. Feel free to email me at [email protected] . It should be here between FEB and APRIL
Told everyone they would have minimum 10k mark ups. IM sure in Cal. will be even more. We are looking at 60k civics out the door in the US. Not worth it for a color. Not when you can get a 2020R which is essentially the same car for 40k out the door. If not less.

But heck if you got the money to burn... I still think most of these will go to dealer friends and relatives more so then the general public will see them. And Im sure some will be raffled off to increase profit.

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A snippet preview from CarGurusUK.
Thanks for Sharing, did he mention sunlight Yellow color? are they making Sunlight Yellow in Europe and PHOENIX YELLOW for north America ? superconfused.

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
Thanks for Sharing, did he mention sunlight Yellow color? are they making Sunlight Yellow in Europe and PHOENIX YELLOW for north America ? superconfused.
It is the same colour, it is probably what they call or describe it there in Europe.

typer4life

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We just allocated one at my dealership in Lockport, NY, near Buffalo. It will $10k above sticker, and a min $3k deposit is needed (fully refundable). Sorry, we don't mark our regular Type R up over sticker. Feel free to email me at [email protected] . It should be here between FEB and APRIL
Congrats on getting an allocation Kevin! that's a huge markup how do the dealers are getting at this number ?
Just trying to get some idea how many ppl here are ready to jump and buy at 10-25k markups ?
I was shocked to see a regular typeR markup at 10-15K sold in few days at my local dealer, can't believe if that kinda money has no value for ppl.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition? IMG_6197.JPG

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
100% this. Happy with my 2017 CW, wouldn't trade it for an LE at all. Only thing I like are the rims but that's not enough for me to trade. Yellow with the black vent? ew!

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
I wonder if people who preordered will be contacted within next week.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition? 6036C50C-6C6F-40E7-84CB-F19C857F5B1A
Sponsored