Who scored a Phoenix Yellow CTR Limited Edition?

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
Want to invest? Buy land, not a car.
Anyone that views a car as an investment is usually out of their mind. We all know that cars are depreciating assets. Sure there's going to be people who buy LE's and then just store them in a garage hoping they increase in value. Only reason I went with an LE is because I'm a huge ricer and love the yellow and with the price increase of the non-LE 2021 CTR the differences are worth it for me. Also in Canada we don't have mark ups to deal with. I'm sure if LE's were offered at MSRP in the states, a lot more people would consider it.
Sponsored

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone that views a car as an investment is usually out of their mind. We all know that cars are depreciating assets. Sure there's going to be people who buy LE's and then just store them in a garage hoping they increase in value. Only reason I went with an LE is because I'm a huge ricer and love the yellow and with the price increase of the non-LE 2021 CTR the differences are worth it for me. Also in Canada we don't have mark ups to deal with. I'm sure if LE's were offered at MSRP in the states, a lot more people would consider it.
If you were a huge ricer wouldn't you just get a CVT hatch and put a wing on it? :stirthepot:

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm hoping the weather will be more mild when I receive mine. Would have to bring a winter set of tires because winter driving on Cup 2 tires would be interesting to say the least...

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I'm hoping the weather will be more mild when I receive mine. Would have to bring a winter set of tires because winter driving on Cup 2 tires would be interesting to say the least...
I’m actually surprised Honda is shipping Type R’s in the winter months in Canada. Both the stock Conti’s and the LE’s Cup 2’s are not recommended to be driven/rolled below -7C and -10C, respectively.

Here’s an excerpt from the Michelin’s website:
CAUTION !
• If not used for a prolonged period of time, remove the MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (mounted on their wheels) and reduce their pressure to half their normal value to store
• Store tyres in a clean, dry area, away from direct sunlight and above 0°C (32°F) in accordance with the information provided by Michelin in technical documentation or their website
• Do Not use, store or handle MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres at ambient temperatures below -10°C (14°F)
• Under these conditions the tyre components can degrade, resulting in reduced performance, and at low temperatures can lead to cracks in the tyre compound and hence reduce potential in use

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’m actually surprised Honda is shipping Type R’s in the winter months in Canada. Both the stock Conti’s and the LE’s Cup 2’s are not recommended to be driven/rolled below -7C and -10C, respectively.

Here’s an excerpt from the Michelin’s website:
CAUTION !
• If not used for a prolonged period of time, remove the MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres (mounted on their wheels) and reduce their pressure to half their normal value to store
• Store tyres in a clean, dry area, away from direct sunlight and above 0°C (32°F) in accordance with the information provided by Michelin in technical documentation or their website
• Do Not use, store or handle MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres at ambient temperatures below -10°C (14°F)
• Under these conditions the tyre components can degrade, resulting in reduced performance, and at low temperatures can lead to cracks in the tyre compound and hence reduce potential in use
I mean... what were you expecting? It's not like they gonna go out of spec just because it's winter somewhere in the world. The wheels and tires are part of the sale sheet.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Damn i wish USA Type R's had those Rear view mirror cameras

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag

A luck person’s Canada #20
Lol at the sign on the dash. Will be similar to what I ask for delivery on mine.

Might also need to include "No people wearing rings to open my doors".

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Lol at the sign on the dash. Will be similar to what I ask for delivery on mine.

Might also need to include "No people wearing rings to open my doors".
Not to give this lady a hard time because she seems like a nice person....but that was tough to listen to ? not picking on her specifically but the salesman features rundowns are always cringey, especially when it sounds like its coming off a teleprompter.

Also.....leaving it out in the snow?? Admitting to driving it and being impressed? I have a regular R and they didn't let anyone touch it but the manager who rolled it off the truck, stored it inside (coincidentally next to a Ferrari lol), and left everything untouched as asked. Had like 5mi on the odo and the rear license plate area didn't even have the screws installed.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I would definitely request that basically the car is keep in the same state it rolls of the truck and stored indoors. I've seen the work of most dealership "detailers" and they definitely do more harm than good

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I mean... what were you expecting? It's not like they gonna go out of spec just because it's winter somewhere in the world. The wheels and tires are part of the sale sheet.
That’s not what I’m saying... the first year when I got my CTR, they had shipment in July, Sep, then in the spring the next year. Just saying Honda could schedule their production and shipment for cold whether regions to avoid putting stresses to the tires.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I was supposed to pick mine up on Saturday, but due to the snow, it’s going to get delayed till tomorrow. Badge # CAN-021

Phoenix21

First Name
Phoenix21
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Type R LE
Country flag
I was lucky enough to secure one of the 100 in Canada. Mine is expected to land early May in Alberta. Not sure what to do with it. Park it, drive it, sell it. Hmmmm
Sponsored