Which all seasone tire should i buy: Conti DWS06? or Michilen pilot sports A/S3+?

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Op I can't speak to the pilots, but I had the dws06 on my 1.8 golf 5mt and I loved them I put somewhere around 20k on them lots of wet and hot conditions I didn't get to run them in winter, but they always felt stuck to the road. I will be putting them on my si as soon as the eagle sports from the dealer wear down.
would you say the dws handle as goods as the dealer summer tires? because thats what i have on now and honestly they handle amazing with tons of grip to the point its difficult to even chirp the tires in the 1-2 shift
Sponsored

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I'm a total Conti fan boy... Have run the DWS on all of my cars in the past 10+ years when they were due for a change.
Same here, and I've absolutely loved them on my 2010 TSX and previous 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero. They greatly improved the ride, handling, and steering feel in my TSX, and improved the ride in the Saab. Ahh...no more pothole explosions! Frankly, for handling and steering feel in the Saab, they compared favorably to the OEM summer performance tires.

I've never tried the Michelins, so I won't say the Contis are better, but I've been extremely happy with them for a long time.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Same here, and I've absolutely loved them on my 2010 TSX and previous 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero. They greatly improved the ride, handling, and steering feel in my TSX, and improved the ride in the Saab. Ahh...no more pothole explosions! Frankly, for handling and steering feel in the Saab, they compared favorably to the OEM summer performance tires.

I've never tried the Michelins, so I won't say the Contis are better, but I've been extremely happy with them for a long time.
ok, im gonna swap my oe summers out for the co tis. if they dont grip and perform as the summers well then im gonna blame you. (not that youll care lol)

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
ok, im gonna swap my oe summers out for the co tis. if they dont grip and perform as the summers well then im gonna blame you. (not that youll care lol)
LOL they aren't as good as full time summers, but for what you pay - fantastic tires and flexible across nearly every road condition. :)

lie495fc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 CTR
Country flag
Hello OP. Since no one commented on sidewall stiffness. I'd like to share my observation over the years.
I had the original ExtremeContact on a Subaru. They always looked underinflated even at 38+ psi. Then quickly developed bubbles.
DWS06 was then introduced with reinforced sidewall. They still look a bit of underinflated on my FIT at 32 psi.
I recently put 265/35/18" A/S3+ on my Civic. They look and performs very well.
In my opinion A/S3+ would look and handle a little bit better than DWS06.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello OP. Since no one commented on sidewall stiffness. I'd like to share my observation over the years.
I had the original ExtremeContact on a Subaru. They always looked underinflated even at 38+ psi. Then quickly developed bubbles.
DWS06 was then introduced with reinforced sidewall. They still look a bit of underinflated on my FIT at 32 psi.
I recently put 265/35/18" A/S3+ on my Civic. They look and performs very well.
In my opinion A/S3+ would look and handle a little bit better than DWS06.
do your mechilins ever lose grip on hard cornering and spirited driving for you?

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have chimed in before.
Summarize my opinion on both.
If you want a tire that is closest to the Summer tire performance, go with the Michelins. If you want the best A/S tire for cold weather and is almost as good in the summer as the Michelins, get the Contis.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have chimed in before.
Summarize my opinion on both.
If you want a tire that is closest to the Summer tire performance, go with the Michelins. If you want the best A/S tire for cold weather and is almost as good in the summer as the Michelins, get the Contis.
im definitely getting the michelins. thanks

lie495fc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 CTR
Country flag
do your mechilins ever lose grip on hard cornering and spirited driving for you?
Sorry OP. I'm in no position to answer your questions. I'll need more mileage before I can comment on them again.
I was once in your shoes trying to decide which of the two tires to get. My Contis have always been outstanding in snow driving, but after long search I decided to risk once and got the A/S3+.
No regrate so far and I'm much happier with stiffer sidewall.
Honda Civic 10th gen Which all seasone tire should i buy: Conti DWS06? or Michilen pilot sports A/S3+? 29872074667_12c75f1744_b
2018-09-20_03-29-25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson, Mustang GT
I dont know why people kind of leave BFGoodrich out of the conversation. They are amazing and have a long history in racing. G-Force Comp 2 all seasons are the ticket.

KingLunar

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
would you say the dws handle as goods as the dealer summer tires? because thats what i have on now and honestly they handle amazing with tons of grip to the point its difficult to even chirp the tires in the 1-2 shift
I don't have any experience with those summer tires, but I'm not sure many all seasons can match summer grip in warm weather. My golf was only ~170hp, but even on a hard launch and hard curves and on ramps at 60+ I never could get the tires to chirp or felt like I was going to lose control I always felt hard planted. Some of that was probably due to the beefier sway bar and 1.25" coilover drop.

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
I dont know why people kind of leave BFGoodrich out of the conversation. They are amazing and have a long history in racing. G-Force Comp 2 all seasons are the ticket.

Because when you look over the test data they are a step behind the top tires. They are a great value but if you want the best there are other options.

Test data from Tire Rack W/ Comp 2 A/S:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=238

Test data from Tire Rack W/ Pilot A/S 3+ and DWS 06:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=230

All tests used the same 2017 430i test car and 245/40/18 tire size.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because when you look over the test data they are a step behind the top tires. They are a great value but if you want the best there are other options.

Test data from Tire Rack W/ Comp 2 A/S:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=238

Test data from Tire Rack W/ Pilot A/S 3+ and DWS 06:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=230

All tests used the same 2017 430i test car and 245/40/18 tire size.
It depends on what your priority is for the all weather tire. Out of the 4 tires tested the BF Goodrich came out on top under all the track conditions. Too bad they didn't compare the BF Goodrich against the Continentals and Michelin Pilot Sports.

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Which all seasone tire should i buy: Conti DWS06? or Michilen pilot sports A/S3+? Pilot AS 3+.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Which all seasone tire should i buy: Conti DWS06? or Michilen pilot sports A/S3+? Comp 2 AS.JPG
It depends on what your priority is for the all weather tire. Out of the 4 tires tested the BF Goodrich came out on top under all the track conditions. Too bad they didn't compare the BF Goodrich against the Continentals and Michelin Pilot Sports.
If you compare the the slalom/lap/cornering/braking chart of the BF to the chart containing the Michelin you'll find that the Michelin outperformed it in every segment. That's for both wet and dry conditions.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot AS 3+.JPG
Comp 2 AS.JPG

If you compare the the slalom/lap/cornering/braking chart of the BF to the chart containing the Michelin you'll find that the Michelin outperformed it in every segment. That's for both wet and dry conditions.

Were both tests done with the

1. Same Car
2. Same Track
3. Same Track Conditions
4. Same Driver

Granted - I think you pointed out Same car and track. Although the tests are the same, these were both conducted at different times. So what are the other variables? Can they truly be compared side by side?
Sponsored