Need new clutch ASAP, which 1 should I get? Clutchmasters FX300, FX350, or?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Well guys, clutch is slipping moderately bad, which 1 do i need to get? For all of you who have replaced yours already, what did you go with? Did you just keep your original flywheel and have it resurfaced?

Is there an Exedy clutch available for our SI's yet?
Sponsored

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
I have the FX350 and so far its been great. I had to have the stock flywheel resurfaced. I didn't get the FX300 because I heard of a few people who still had slipping issues.

If I were to do it again I would try the Spec clutch kit out with one of their aftermarket flywheels. Its not that I dislike my FX350 I just like to try new stuff and it seems the lighter aftermarket flywheels seem to not be throwing codes.

Sadly Exedy is still not available yet. I think the last update I heard was that its coming this spring.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
thanks for your input. i may have to go with the 350. and im planning on just keeping the stock flywheel for cost reasons. did you install it yourself or have a shop do it? if so how much did labor cost you?

i hear its a lot easier because with this chassis the subframe doesnt have to be dropped to do it. changing the clutch in my rsx was a big pain in the ass for that reason alone.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Check out the Spec clutches, I think I’m gonna do that with the flywheel!

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys, clutch is slipping moderately bad, which 1 do i need to get? For all of you who have replaced yours already, what did you go with? Did you just keep your original flywheel and have it resurfaced?

Is there an Exedy clutch available for our SI's yet?
Spoiler alert, you already have an Exedy clutch in your Si. ;)

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Spoiler alert, you already have an Exedy clutch in your Si. ;)
yeah i didnt think about that. i hope they release a stage 1, 2 clutch soon. usually exedy clutches are more affordable than other big brands

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
you know whats weird is that the 350 is actually cheaper than the 300 for our SI's on kseriesparts.com. im guessing theres a higher demand for the 300?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I installed it myself. You can replace the clutch without removing the subframe but I'm not sure about the flywheel...

I installed my fx350 without dropping the subframe. It wouldn't go in to gear when I put it back together so I ended up tearing it down again to resurface the flywheel and that fixed my problem. I dropped the subframe the 2nd time because I didn't feel like there would be sufficient room to torque the flywheel bolts.

I had about 17000 miles at the time and had slipped the clutch really bad 2 times.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I installed it myself. You can replace the clutch without removing the subframe but I'm not sure about the flywheel...

I installed my fx350 without dropping the subframe. It wouldn't go in to gear when I put it back together so I ended up tearing it down again to resurface the flywheel and that fixed my problem. I dropped the subframe the 2nd time because I didn't feel like there would be sufficient room to torque the flywheel bolts.

I had about 17000 miles at the time and had slipped the clutch really bad 2 times.
Where did you get your fx350 and how much did you pay?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I paid $495 + shipping from PRL. If you shop around I bet you could get a better price.

I have been getting parts from Axion Industries and they have had the best prices lately. Talk to them on Facebook and you will get a better price then on there website.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you know whats weird is that the 350 is actually cheaper than the 300 for our SI's on kseriesparts.com. im guessing theres a higher demand for the 300?
The material in the 300 is more expensive.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Picked up my car a few hours ago and had the spec stage 2+ with steel SMF installed. Have less than 10 miles on it so can’t give a full review aside from the pedal feeler is twice as stiff as OEM (in a good way), and I have no shutter upon take off that you may experience with their aluminum FW
Sponsored