Which all seasone tire should i buy: Conti DWS06? or Michilen pilot sports A/S3+?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Its getting colder now, so i need to change the oem summer tires out, and i want to go with an all season performance tire. Do you guys have any suggestions for an all season tire thatll handle at least almost as good as the oem summers?
Sponsored

Baime

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its getting colder now, so i need to change the oem summer tires out, and i want to go with an all season performance tire. Do you guys have any suggestions for an all season tire thatll handle at least almost as good as the oem summers?
Boosted,
I'm thinking the same thing. I bought some Continental All Season radials for my last car, and they were great. Quiet, and good winter traction. I don't remember what model they were.

What are you doing for winter wheels? I want 16" wheels, because there are way more choices of low cost good All Season radials in this size. Have you found a good lower cost alternative to just using a set of the Honda 16" steel wheels?

Take care, JP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
If you mind me asking, why not winter tires?
I live in Toronto so winter tires is a no-brainer.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've run both in the MS3. I prefer the A/S 3s. They both perform & ride well and have decent tread life. But the Michelins retain more of their original performance as they wear down. The Continentals got much noisier as they pass 50%.

I can't comment on excessive rain or snow. Here in So Cal they both did fine in limited amounts.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've used DWS06 235/40/18 for the last 2 winters in Alberta and they have worked great. Last winter had record snowfalls and I still had no problems. If my commute involved longer distance highway travel, I would probably buy winters.
I know winter tires are vastly superior on snow and ice but where I live the main roads are plowed and usually in pretty good shape.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've run both in the MS3. I prefer the A/S 3s. They both perform & ride well and have decent tread life. But the Michelins retain more of their original performance as they wear down. The Continentals got much noisier as they pass 50%.

I can't comment on excessive rain or snow. Here in So Cal they both did fine in limited amounts.
I've used Michelins on many vehicles and swear by them but from reading about the A/S 3s on tirerack, their wintertime performance is far behind the DWS06. This was the main reason I chose the Continental.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I can vouch for the Continentals on snow. They perform great, so much so that I stopped using dedicated snow tires. Which isn't to say they are as good as snow tires, but good enough for me.

That was on my Mazdaspeed 3, mind you.

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
It depends on where you live. I went with AS3s on my BMtroubleyou and they drive like most summer tires on the street IMO. They were good in cold weather as well, but as stated not the best in snow. I still say go with AS3s and you won't be disapointed.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It depends on where you live. I went with AS3s on my BMtroubleyou and they drive like most summer tires on the street IMO. They were good in cold weather as well, but as stated not the best in snow. I still say go with AS3s and you won't be disapointed.
will do thanks. even though they are a bit pricey

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I'm a total Conti fan boy... Have run the DWS on all of my cars in the past 10+ years when they were due for a change. They're not at the same level as a full summer tire, but for all around good performance and price they can't be beat. I've run them on FWD, AWD, snow/sleet/rain/dry - excellent tires. I've got the Goodyear AS on my '18 Si, it will get a set of Conti's after I wear those out too.

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
Be careful when checking reviews, there is both a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and a Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The non-plus came out around 2013 and the plus is a newer compound that was released in 2016 and greatly improves on the original. Personally Michelin has had nothing but great product so I'd say go with those. Quiet, grip, maintain integrity, and road force results always better than expected.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Be careful when checking reviews, there is both a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and a Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The non-plus came out around 2013 and the plus is a newer compound that was released in 2016 and greatly improves on the original. Personally Michelin has had nothing but great product so I'd say go with those. Quiet, grip, maintain integrity, and road force results always better than expected.
You are absolutely correct. I wasn't looking at the the review of the newer A/S 3+. It looks to be one heck of a tire including wintertime performance.

KingLunar

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Op I can't speak to the pilots, but I had the dws06 on my 1.8 golf 5mt and I loved them I put somewhere around 20k on them lots of wet and hot conditions I didn't get to run them in winter, but they always felt stuck to the road. I will be putting them on my si as soon as the eagle sports from the dealer wear down.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric AS

Or the stock summer Goodyear Eagle Sports
Sponsored