Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2021
Country flag
Car: 2021 Civic ex CVT
Tune: Phearable 1.5R on Ktuner

I’d hate to make a new thread when there’s one present, but I’d like to ask a few questions (I’m dumb).

I recently tuned my car, and I’m having a problem with wheel spin, usually on map 3. Every time I accelerate at lower speeds, my wheels spin.

I have Firestone FT140s that I’ve had for around 20k miles, tread is still okay. I understand new tires would be good, but I’d like to use till they’re smooth as sand. Therefore, I’m looking for other solutions with what I have available.

I’ve picked up a few terms, BBG, and Ktuner Advanced VSA. However, I’ve done some research, and I can’t for the life of my understand how to apply them. Do I download a file, go to the ktuner website or app. And if I do, do I have to plug in my laptop to the ktuner and vehicle, or can I load them onto the ktuner then “flash” these changes onto the vehicle.

Also, anyone have any specific recommendations? I saw @gtman said you should set 15 psi on 1st, and moderate or aggressive VSA. Anyone else have anything to add, or is this the best recommendation.
Sponsored

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
You can go through and adjust throttle response on the base maps which would fix it. However, I dont know what's unlocked when you have Pherable 1.5R. Personally I have my base map maxed out on quick adjustments so I can spin tires myself from a dig, I just use my foot and go gentle when accelerating. I will tell you don't continue to spin the tires you will wear your CVT a lot faster by doing that

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Car: 2021 Civic ex CVT
Tune: Phearable 1.5R on Ktuner

I’d hate to make a new thread when there’s one present, but I’d like to ask a few questions (I’m dumb).

I recently tuned my car, and I’m having a problem with wheel spin, usually on map 3. Every time I accelerate at lower speeds, my wheels spin.

I have Firestone FT140s that I’ve had for around 20k miles, tread is still okay. I understand new tires would be good, but I’d like to use till they’re smooth as sand. Therefore, I’m looking for other solutions with what I have available.

I’ve picked up a few terms, BBG, and Ktuner Advanced VSA. However, I’ve done some research, and I can’t for the life of my understand how to apply them. Do I download a file, go to the ktuner website or app. And if I do, do I have to plug in my laptop to the ktuner and vehicle, or can I load them onto the ktuner then “flash” these changes onto the vehicle.

Also, anyone have any specific recommendations? I saw @gtman said you should set 15 psi on 1st, and moderate or aggressive VSA. Anyone else have anything to add, or is this the best recommendation.
Also, yes plug in KTuner to laptop, create new tune, go into the quick adjustments tab, throttle response, etc. and set them lower. I highly recommend you go to YouTube and watch some in detail videos of ktuner quick adjustments and BBG set ups. It's very hard to explain online I could write page after page about this. You can go to the KTuner forum and it will explain in detail what each adjustment / menu does

sbace_hamb

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
With the 1.5R you don't even need to create a new tune. Just open Ktuner on your laptop like when you first flashed, load the tune, and then the page with all of the options that are unlocked will appear. Change what you want, and then flash the tune. Then you should be all set :thumbsup: Ktuner has great tutorial videos if you can't quite remember what you did the first time

Last edited:

Sirmais

First Name
Kaspars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1
Country flag
Or you can just purchase the LSD from me. It should also limit wheel spin, at least both wheels will spin! ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Also, yes plug in KTuner to laptop, create new tune, go into the quick adjustments tab, throttle response, etc. and set them lower. I highly recommend you go to YouTube and watch some in detail videos of ktuner quick adjustments and BBG set ups. It's very hard to explain online I could write page after page about this. You can go to the KTuner forum and it will explain in detail what each adjustment / menu does
That's great on a starter tune but won't work on a mostly locked tune like the Phearable 1.5R. Although he does have access to AVSA, BBG and throttle response. But not turbo responsiveness, early spool and ramp.

Like I told the OP in one of his other threads, it's all about the crap stock Firestone tires he runs. Swapping them out for decent performance rubber is the first step. Then, some trial and error with BBG in "1st" is pretty much all you need on a CVT. Just start at a low number and test from there. With those two changes he'd notice a difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP

33light

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex 2021
Country flag
Or you can just purchase the LSD from me. It should also limit wheel spin, at least both wheels will spin! ;)
Any idea why the cvt doesn’t come with LSD when the Si does? Is it too expensive or would it cause a problem

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Limited slip is considered a "performance" feature.

Unlike the Si model, the CVT models aren't considered "sport" oriented. Or Sport Injected. :cool:

Last edited:

Sirmais

First Name
Kaspars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1
Country flag
Limited slip is considered a "performance" feature.

Unlike the Si model, the CVT models aren't considered "sport" oriented. Or Sport Injected. :cool:
Yes, simple as that! Actually I don't know any of FWD car with automatic which had an option of LSD from factory.
Sponsored