JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I know there is debate in the community on running the sound plates and even the bolt on BOVs but what about a Hybrid that recirculates some of the air and vents enough to atmosphere to get that cool sound. I would imagine its gonna cause still a bit a a rich condition since you are loosing metered air before it enters the intake but I was watching one guys video on the topic and his argument was the Valve only vents when the engine is no under load so even if there was a temporary rich condition caused by the air venting it would not really be harmful or impact the ECU significantly.

He did put in a disclaimer that if you were gonna run a BOV he suggested a hybrid that only vents some of the air and recirculates some so the air loss is minimal. Thinking of running the Hybrid BOV with the COBRA CAI I just ordered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I ran one of those sound plates from Torque Spec for a couple days and while it did work as advertised felt like I was getting some anomalous data but learning more about the 1.5T and its behavior it could have been the engine being the engine.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Never a good idea. Just enjoy the cobra intake that will for sure make some cool sounds. ECU uses the BPV to help the wastegate. I've seen BOV making pops and weird boost behavior and eventually throwing a code.

See what @D-RobIMW said here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/boomba-recirculating-bypass-valve.28360/page-2#post-476653
Yea it does make sense it is the age of every little data point in the car being logged and effecting the way the engine runs. Not like the old days when you could strap just about anything to to your engine and with the right adjustments it would be fine. I guess I can live with out the BOV. I mean I do have the Cobra Intake coming and a Borla Cat Back on order which should satisfy my need for more sounds to enjoy.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Consensus = No

Good info already linked above. Lots of great mods out there for this platform. That isn't one of them, unfortunately.
Sponsored