burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wanna get the PRL Cobra Race and TSP Stage 1 sometime soon. That should make the car more fun and allow me to hear the stock BPV a bit more.
Yeah the cobra will do the trick right there! With the race maf gotta get a e tune for it to run perfect! If you use the street maf you will be fine and you can bolt it on
Sponsored

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah the cobra will do the trick right there! With the race maf gotta get a e tune for it to run perfect! If you use the street maf you will be fine and you can bolt it on
TSP said if you let them know you're using the Race MAF when you order their Stage 1 tune, they'll send you a version that accounts for it.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
TSP said if you let them know you're using the Race MAF when you order their Stage 1 tune, they'll send you a version that accounts for it.
Haha I read passed that part you said your getting a e tune! Yeah you will be fine man it’s gonna sound amazing!

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like if your marketing verbiage includes the phrase “makes cool boost noises”, you probably aren’t really in the business of making improvements on OEM parts. Next thing they’ll have out is an ECU tune that makes your horn play “We Are the Champions” by Queen.

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
As I said in their vendor forum, this design is pretty suboptimal. Forge motorsport has a proven design that fits the td025, and it's available for cheaper as well.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I feel like if your marketing verbiage includes the phrase “makes cool boost noises”, you probably aren’t really in the business of making improvements on OEM parts. Next thing they’ll have out is an ECU tune that makes your horn play “We Are the Champions” by Queen.
“Your” ? I don’t work for them

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
So, just as a question and that I would never do it, but if you were to switch to a Motec tuning system or the likes, could you in theory, rework the car to run properly for a vent-to-atmosphere blow off valve?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Deviating from the factory bypass valve is a big problem, as the stock ECU uses the BPV as part of the boost control strategy by closing signal to the valve in order to vent out compressed air to aid the wastegate in maintaining the target boost. What happens when you stick a valve in there with a stiffer spring rate? It can't bleed off air at the same rate the ECU expects, resulting in an over-boost condition. If you are using the stock ECU (with a tune or not), do NOT ditch the stock bypass valve. You are only asking for trouble. The stock valve works perfectly.

If you're chasing a sound, grab an intake. The stock airbox is the reason you don't hear anything.

Or better yet, don't chase sound.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Why people continue to waste money on aftermarket bov are beyond me. The only reason to upgrade is when the factory one is maxed out and unless your running over 30 psi i cant see the purpose in this upgrade.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Why people continue to waste money on aftermarket bov are beyond me. The only reason to upgrade is when the factory one is maxed out and unless your running over 30 psi i cant see the purpose in this upgrade.
It’s a bpv not bov

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running this recirculation valve by Forge Motorsports and its cheaper than boomba racing and is excellent quality. I upgraded from the stock by pass valve for 1) a more durable material for higher boost and 2) to feel safe knowing it can handle more boost than I will probably ever have. Here is the link. https://www.forgemotorsport.com/Rec...S40_V40_Hyundai_Sonata_Kia--product--787.html
Boomba ripped me off by marketing their blow off valve is completely safe for our cars and never issued me a refund or exchange a their product. Therefore I would not trust this new product they are advertising seeing as they are mainly concerned about making money even if it means damaging your engine. Honestly, I don't know if it does anything performance wise (the forge motorsports by pass valve) but it is an upgrade from stock and looks sexy in your engine bay. Just my .02 cents.

Also if you're looking to get the infamous "PSHHHH" turbo sound, I'd recommend getting the PRL Race cobra intake along with a tune. I am running this set up along with many other modifications and let me tell you that sound is a neck breaker to other drivers and regular pedestrians in the street. Makes me smile everytime ;)
Sponsored