dohcredsol

First Name
dohcredsol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks, I am not a fan of the baggy look though. Part of the reason why I wanted custom/specific neoprene seats for the CTR. The Dream Automotive ones just don't look like a good fit in all the pics I see. I appreciate it though.
I’m sure better seat cover options will come out we just have to be patient

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Thanks, I am not a fan of the baggy look though. Part of the reason why I wanted custom/specific neoprene seats for the CTR. The Dream Automotive ones just don't look like a good fit in all the pics I see. I appreciate it though.
I bought the ones from Type R FK2 - https://www.dream-automotive.com/pr...-duty-seat-covers?_pos=1&_sid=c4e243c5e&_ss=r

They fit tighter like in the picture, not as baggy of FK8 ones. Fitting them to Type R FK8 is a tiny bit more difficult as head rests are a bit thicker. You need to pull down a bit harder. But it works and it protects even the back of the seat. It protects against those passengers that don't give a ... and kick/step carelessly with their boots.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I am absolutely not being critical, and just speaking from my own journey.

I used to be around 250 when I bought my last EVO - It had what I called 'fat shaming seats' lol My wife and I had packed on a few as most do and that's what we called them - we enjoyed the car but to truly enjoy it we had to cut down on our sizes to fit into those tiny Recaros comfortably!

I started doing intermittent fasting and no carbs after noon - The EVO got a LOT more comfortable once I got down to a healthier weight.

Obviously I sold the EVO but I kept up with my approach and so when I got the Type R it just fits perfectly if anything is even less 'fat shaming' than the Recaros.

I think if medically possible, a better approach to this issue would be to try and cut a bit of weight - your seats will hold up better and your life expectancy will be increased! There are so many upsides to slimming down a bit - for me I used my love of cars to focus my energy to finally do it.

I'm sitting at ~190 now and bounce around there depending on what's going on, but it's do-able and a much better long term solution to your problem.

Aside from the above - start carrying your wallet in your front pocket, if it's in your rear it can create more wear on seats as well.

Happy motoring all!

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Aside from the above - start carrying your wallet in your front pocket, if it's in your rear it can create more wear on seats as well.
I found I can't carry things in my side pockets on my cargo shorts anymore. But that's ok, the Type R is worth it :)

Cat Damon

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Hatch LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After some research from seeing an ebay post I found one that looks pretty nice and exactly what you are looking for.
https://athleteignited.com/products...-matching-seat-belt-cover?variant=52017704132
These are such a good idea, they probably look a little janky for everyday use but between me playing hockey and my wife going to the gym, these are going to save so much wear.

I'm definitely buying and will post pictures as soon as I have them

EDIT: They look so good that I couldn't even tell they were on in the pictures you posted. Guess they don't look janky and I'm the idiot!! ? Thanks again for reviving the thread!

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These are such a good idea, they probably look a little janky for everyday use but between me playing hockey and my wife going to the gym, these are going to save so much wear.

I'm definitely buying and will post pictures as soon as I have them

EDIT: They look so good that I couldn't even tell they were on in the pictures you posted. Guess they don't look janky and I'm the idiot!! ? Thanks again for reviving the thread!
I personally think these, specifically in Red, match the seat material and color very well. It only covers middle section of the seat so you still get most of the seat's design with covering the entire thing, specially covering the back too. And the dream automotive ones look so baggy and looks like a poncho. I wish they made the FK8 one look like FK2, because it matches the fk8 seat design better. The FK8 one look horrible. And I don't think dream automotive is water proof, its just fabric, these athlete ignited are made for sweat and water so its much better. Also comes with seat belt cover.

I ordered one in black off of amazon, only thing is I heard the material can rub off on the red seats, so if you were to keep these on for many years, you might start to see something on the seat, so I would use only when needed, just to be safe.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
<snip>
only thing is I heard the material can rub off on the red seats, so if you were to keep these on for many years, you might start to see something on the seat, so I would use only when needed, just to be safe.
That's really alarming to hear unfortunately. Kind of defeats the purpose of a seat protector if it alters the finish of the seat it's protecting IMO. I was actually thinking of dropping an order of these in red eventually, thinking it over now.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's really alarming to hear unfortunately. Kind of defeats the purpose of a seat protector if it alters the finish of the seat it's protecting IMO. I was actually thinking of dropping an order of these in red eventually, thinking it over now.
Its really only a rumor for beige or white seats, but I don't want to test it, its possible if you leave it on for a while and you check it every so often, then you should be fine. And whatever little bit comes off can be cleaned. Its really the rubber/plastic material that touches the seat that can rub off, not like a dye or anything like that.
For me if I am sweaty I will just put the seat cover on and then remove next time I go in car when I'm not sweaty and put in trunk or back seat. There doesn't seem to be a need to use the provided strap that goes around back, it will simply stay on with head rest and can be put on and taken off pretty easily.

And good luck with RED, like I mentioned before, Amazon doesn't have in RED and their website is down, so you are unable to checkout.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Else Noticing Seat Wear/Tear? 1591047983377

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Else Noticing Seat Wear/Tear? 1591047964851

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Although they cover the beautiful Type R seats, the Dream Automotive seat covers have saved my seats countless times from food, liquids, and any other mishaps. I have had them on since I bought my car and I am currently at 32K miles. I do take them off and check my bolsters from time to time, and they are in excellent condition, especially the driver side. The wrinkles in the Dream Autmotive seat covers do come out over time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Else Noticing Seat Wear/Tear? IMG_20200601_202023

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Although they cover the beautiful Type R seats, the Dream Automotive seat covers have saved my seats countless times from food, liquids, and any other mishaps. I have had them on since I bought my car and I am currently at 32K miles. I do take them off and check my bolsters from time to time, and they are in excellent condition, especially the driver side. The wrinkles in the Dream Autmotive seat covers do come out over time.

IMG_20200601_202023.jpg
They actually look pretty nice. All the pictures I have seen aren't nearly as nice as yours. You've convinced me.
Are you worried at all about side seat airbags?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They actually look pretty nice. All the pictures I have seen aren't nearly as nice as yours. You've convinced me.
Are you worried at all about side seat airbags?
The side seat airbags have crossed my mind. Either they will blow through the seat cover seam all the way or partially is my guess. I am honestly not sure what would happen.

The seat cover in this youtube video looks somewhat to be neoprene, and it blew through it. I think overall results may vary.

Sponsored