Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
Yeah im looking into proper care for the alcantara so I won't have to worry about it again

cassidy1969

First Name
Jerry Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah im looking into proper care for the alcantara so I won't have to worry about it again
I just took mine yesterday and dealer took pics of my driver seat in hopes they will approve to replace under warranty. The did my calipers a couple of months ago due to clear pealing. I have covers on so hopefully it will keep it new if they replace it.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just took mine yesterday and dealer took pics of my driver seat in hopes they will approve to replace under warranty. The did my calipers a couple of months ago due to clear pealing. I have covers on so hopefully it will keep it new if they replace it.
Caliper covers for brembos?

chingonR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #1592, 2015 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Took my car (2017) in Tuesday for this same reason, car has just over 21k miles, figured I had nothing to lose. Honda is going to take care of it. The lady helping me said she didn’t think it would get covered because the seats are so expensive, she took pics and sent them in. She called me later to say it was approved and parts should be in next week.
:dance:

cassidy1969

First Name
Jerry Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Took my car (2017) in Tuesday for this same reason, car has just over 21k miles, figured I had nothing to lose. Honda is going to take care of it. The lady helping me said she didn’t think it would get covered because the seats are so expensive, she took pics and sent them in. She called me later to say it was approved and parts should be in next week.
:dance:
Good deal I got a call today and my front driver seat cover will be changed out under warranty also. 21k on mine also.

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I know in the UK that someone tried to claim for his seat bolster at <15K miles and was basically told that this is considered normal wear and tear... Terrible for a car less than 2 years old! Honda quality is not what it used to be and seems that they have cut corners on thinner - cheaper materials in noticeable areas!

cassidy1969

First Name
Jerry Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I know in the UK that someone tried to claim for his seat bolster at <15K miles and was basically told that this is considered normal wear and tear... Terrible for a car less than 2 years old! Honda quality is not what it used to be and seems that they have cut corners on thinner - cheaper materials in noticeable areas!
For sure the older SI material was tough and looks good after 10 years. I purchased mine used from a dealer I have bought a lot of Honda’s over the years and they have always been fair. People need to explain that this is a high dollar car and no matter how well you care for them they shouldn’t look that bad that fast. I use seat covers since I got it and they didn’t get any worse just figure that these will last because I am more particular about my cars than most. If they get enough complaints maybe they will put double fabric in these areas on the next gens.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
These alcantara seats suck ass. I had to patch mine because a hole is next debating if i want to pay to get my seats redone in all leather of a better material. Tbc

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I keep wear to a minimum by always entering butt first then lifting my legs up and over the bolsters during ingress or egress. They still look new when i last saw them. 10k miles on.