Type R seat wear

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
How do you minimize seat wear? Previous type r owners or people with race seats give any tips. I thought about seat xcovers but most just look like a rain jacket and ruins the whole feeling of the type R.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Vacuum the seats to prevent dirt buildup in the seat crevices. The grinding of the dirt causes premature wear on the seats.

KDiggityDog76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si
And it's not just Type R seats but any sporty seat with nice bolstering, really. I've found that any used car I've bought with such a seat has the most wear on the driver's side outer edge of the bolstering on both the seat back as well as the thigh bolstering on the seat bottom. Whenever I get into and out of a car with seats like those, I always lift myself into and out of the seat so I make minimal contact with the bolsters on the way in or out. It seems like a total pain at first, but once you do it enough, it just becomes habit. The downside is getting pissed at the dealership guys if I have to take it in for any reason because they will just sit in the seat with their legs hanging out, totally crushing the bolsters! I hate when they do that. Also, make sure to take your wallet out of your back pocket before you get in. The pointy wallet corner almost wore through my EP3 driver's seat before I learned that lesson.
Sponsored