Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
I have been noticing seat wear on my driver seat has wear from the door side seat bolster and on the door side passenger seat bottom bolster is fading white.

Attached are pictures of the wear.
Honda Civic 10th gen Seat wear covered under warranty? 20200420_134712
Honda Civic 10th gen Seat wear covered under warranty? 20200420_134846

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Highly doubtful unless part of the seat mechanism is faulty.
Bring it to dealer to make sure, but their answer will be normal wear and tear.

.........................this car has 10k miles on it and it is fading prematurely being a Toyota tech it would be warrantied in a heartbeat unless we could prove outside influence
Your a tech, then you should know how manufacturers work. Unless there is a quantifiable defect they won't cover it. Having 1k or less maybe, but 10k would put it into the realm of wear n tear.
Bring it to the dealer to give it a try. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My biggest issue is this car has 10k miles on it and it is fading prematurely being a Toyota tech it would be warrantied in a heartbeat unless we could prove outside influence

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
You can try to use a suede brush and some suede cleaner to try to get some of the nap back into it and hopefully some of the color. I was able to get my seat bolster repaired under warranty, but I only brought it in after it actually ripped on me.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The foam does seem to feel much softer than it should as opposed to the driver side in the same spot so it may be a good possibility I can get it covered

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Mine started to look the same, gave it a good clean with some decent interior cleaner, then used a soft bristle nail brush. Looked better but still some wear so covered with Dream seat covers, out of sight out of mind!

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Truck seat syndrome. Try to avoid sliding out of the seat, because doing so crushes the bolsters. I know that is easier said than done, however. It is concerning that it's occurring at such low mileage.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Truck seat syndrome. Try to avoid sliding out of the seat, because doing so crushes the bolsters. I know that is easier said than done, however. It is concerning that it's occurring at such low mileage.
This exactly. That wear is from sliding over the seat bolster when getting in/out.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I swing my legs over and push myself up when I get out of the car. It is very concerning that honda may not stand by their product which I may wind up being forced to make a claim over with corporate.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Should be covered under 3/36. Ive had interior replaced on other models, before. The dealer contracted out with an upholstery shop, in my case. Drivers seat, leather, eas replaced, floor mats, and steering wheel.

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Its worth a shot, i had acura warranty my seat on my rsx type s before for the same reason.

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I swing my legs over and push myself up when I get out of the car. It is very concerning that honda may not stand by their product which I may wind up being forced to make a claim over with corporate.
I do the same... swing left leg out of car and grab door pillar/ steering wheel. Maybe put a towel on the area for the time being until you get it checked out to prevent further wear.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could be wrong.... but I think a lot of the "wear" on the seats is just dander. I've heard really good things about Sonax interior cleaner for our cars.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll give that a try if honda doesn't wanna cover it but my writer submitted pics and a claim we will see probably by next week

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone is interested I just received a call this morning from Honda saying they are 1 time goodwilling my seat covers so now I just have to figure out how to keep it from happening again so quickly
Sponsored