Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Removed the dealership badge and gave it a good wash ?

ccn5cjC.jpg

v01EPdq.jpg
On this edition of Garage Goals...

Seriously tho, CONGRATS!!!

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did a little red & black magic seam witchcraft to dress up above center vent & glovebox. Dashmat has evil misshape spell I’m trying to break. Same potion worked on rear console but Warlock Wand battery low, hmmm... where’s that USB cable?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 4EF64A95-9102-4D3B-A9A1-084B5986D31B

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2D04B364-C4D1-4B2C-9D4F-0AAE264998F5

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D04ED94E-5EBC-4481-BFA9-10CA3DAD64BA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 05DC3A7E-631B-4CB1-9A4F-AC54DE713EC9

Last edited:

R-00401

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27WON Street Rear Motor Mount Installed.
Upon initial inspection of the underside of the R, my installer noticed a broken hanger that supports my PRL front pipe. My R is FBO custom tuned, so this leads us to believe that the increased engine output caused the motor to shift about the bay enough to snap the support hanger. Good thing I have got a new motor mount to stabilize the motor.
Install was mostly straight-forward. Do yourselves a favor and loosen your front pipe completely. Tried to get away with clearing the horizontal bolt by keeping the front pipe attached with flexing, but that proved to be arduous whiles working under the R on Quickjacks. Unbolting the front pipe provided the necessary clearance.

Driving Impressions:
1. Start up: Not unlike going from an OEM downpipe to an aftermarket downpipe. Noticeable vibrations and noise increase in the cabin.
2. Take off: Prolly the most noticeable difference from stock. Rumbles.
3. WOT launch: Power feels more directed. Torque steer lessened.
4. Cruising: I live in Comfort Mode. Cruising on the freeway feels stock.

I am interested to feel if there will be a break-in point to where things settle. Low RPMS are the most noticeable. I'll prolly get used to it. I have been so far removed from the OEM R incarnation that this mod will prolly feel like an everyday, liveable characteristic of my R. Much like the short-throw shifter feels normal as I do not remember what stock throws are like, I will not remember the "plush" ride of the stock mount.

I feel the R is better with the aftermarket mount compared to the OEM mount. "Like it should've come from the factory like this." comes to mind.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? FB_IMG_1615489590286

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210312_095349

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210312_095447

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210312_101613

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20210312_111931

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
when reinstalling the motor mount I had to ultimately loosen all the bolts for the FP, it was a PITA. glad it s done.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27WON Street Rear Motor Mount Installed.
Upon initial inspection of the underside of the R, my installer noticed a broken hanger that supports my PRL front pipe. My R is FBO custom tuned, so this leads us to believe that the increased engine output caused the motor to shift about the bay enough to snap the support hanger. Good thing I have got a new motor mount to stabilize the motor.
Install was mostly straight-forward. Do yourselves a favor and loosen your front pipe completely. Tried to get away with clearing the horizontal bolt by keeping the front pipe attached with flexing, but that proved to be arduous whiles working under the R on Quickjacks. Unbolting the front pipe provided the necessary clearance.

Driving Impressions:
1. Start up: Not unlike going from an OEM downpipe to an aftermarket downpipe. Noticeable vibrations and noise increase in the cabin.
2. Take off: Prolly the most noticeable difference from stock. Rumbles.
3. WOT launch: Power feels more directed. Torque steer lessened.
4. Cruising: I live in Comfort Mode. Cruising on the freeway feels stock.

I am interested to feel if there will be a break-in point to where things settle. Low RPMS are the most noticeable. I'll prolly get used to it. I have been so far removed from the OEM R incarnation that this mod will prolly feel like an everyday, liveable characteristic of my R. Much like the short-throw shifter feels normal as I do not remember what stock throws are like, I will not remember the "plush" ride of the stock mount.

I feel the R is better with the aftermarket mount compared to the OEM mount. "Like it should've come from the factory like this." comes to mind.

FB_IMG_1615489590286.jpg

20210312_095349.jpg

20210312_095447.jpg

20210312_101613.jpg

20210312_111931.jpg
I had to do the same thing and completely remove the PRL front pipe. One thing I did do though too is take a grinder to the end of that bolt so that if I ever have to take it out again I don't need as much clearance and could get away without removing the front pipe.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Sadly had to attend a funeral for one of my employees today. He passed away after a long battle with cancer. The guy was a huge car nut, so I took the Type R. I probably wouldn’t have bought the car without his encouragement last summer. He lived up in the mountains. Took the long way home through the Cherokee National Forest. I wish I could have given him the chance to take it for a spin. RIP.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Little tip for those of you removing the front pipe to change the RMM. The hole in the subframe that the bolt passes through is slotted, you don't have to remove the bolt all the way to get the mount out.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Little tip for those of you removing the front pipe to change the RMM. The hole in the subframe that the bolt passes through is slotted, you don't have to remove the bolt all the way to get the mount out.
While that is true, with the larger diameter of some aftermarket frontpipes like PRL the slot still won't allow the bolt to even get to the point where the Rmm can be removed. Hence why now that I shaved down the pointy tip of bolt more flat it does now allow removal of the bolt with the larger pipe and not have to actually remove the pipe in the future.
Now with the stock diameter pipe or similar Nitroturtle is correct....the pipe does not have to be removed using the slot in the subframe to remove the bolt.