What did you do to your Type R today?

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
haha!

So, I took out the rear seat assembly. The top and bottom portion, including all hardware, belts, etc.. That was a total of 51 lbs

I then replaced my wheels and tires for the lightest combination I could find. I actually ended up spending 2-3 times less than most people, while having a lighter package...by a long shot.

I got Motegi Traklite 3 Wheels with Ultra-High Performance All-Season Continental DWS 06 PLUS (which is a sick tire). I loss a total wheel weight of 12 lbs with that combo. So 24 lbs of unsprung mass from the front drive train. That's freakin' insane! My car felt like a beast after that mod.

Front and back wheels weight loss total to 48 lbs. That was cost of $1500 with wheels, tires, lug nuts, mounted and balanced from Tirerack.com

I also took out the portable tire compressor which was like 5 lbs.

That's a total of 104 lbs...but when I took my car on the scale, it was 2940 total car weight.

So, that is almost 500 lbs lighter than a Subaru STI Type RA, 400lbs than other cars in the same segment, 200lbs lighter than the super light weight Lotus Evora GT.

So, yeah...now the power and torque is ridiculous. It's a highway missile.

The PHOTO below is the same setup from another owner of a Type R (2019 model) with the same wheels and tires. It seems like people are catching on and doing the same thing.

Type r.jpeg
That is very detailed, and here is the other end of the scale mod

1 golf bag package approximately (55 lbs) including
14 pcs club set (driver to putter)
12 golf balls
1 sun glasses
2 golf gloves
1 wind/ rain jacket
31 tees
3 ball marker
7 pencil
1 towel
1 pair of golf shoes
1 bottle of sunscreen
1 bottle of bugs spray
1 golf cart ( 23 lbs )
1 cooler (14 lbs ) including 6 cans of beers

Total weight gain 92 lbs, that is the mod I drive around daily and still have room for groceries

Deleted member 47337

just did mine not long ago and loving it. Youā€™ll be happy.

full motor mounts is still an option too. Rode in a buddies CTR with full hasport mounts and it felt great.
Quick question for you...does the rear motor mount mod help with any more pedal feel for the clutch? Any other driving characteristics you can tell me about that mod?

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is very detailed, and here is the other end of the scale mod

1 golf bag package approximately (55 lbs) including
14 pcs club set (driver to putter)
12 golf balls
1 sun glasses
2 golf gloves
1 wind/ rain jacket
31 tees
3 ball marker
7 pencil
1 towel
1 pair of golf shoes
1 bottle of sunscreen
1 bottle of bugs spray
1 golf cart ( 23 lbs )
1 cooler (14 lbs ) including 6 cans of beers

Total weight gain 92 lbs, that is the mod I drive around daily and still have room for groceries
I have no objection to essential weight gain.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? AC3127A8-BAD9-4D71-9FB5-2CB6A57704E7

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question for you...does the rear motor mount mod help with any more pedal feel for the clutch? Any other driving characteristics you can tell me about that mod?
I did it today and have only put a few miles. Clutch pedal feels the same. Iā€™ve also got the acuity short shifter, bushings, and gm synchromesh fluid. I think all of that and now the RMM are a great combination. Definitely notice it big time on take offs and shifts. Havenā€™t tried to launch or anything aggressively yet.

I got mine for a good deal off a member on here and it was brand new. Iā€™m 100% happy with the change.

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Not much vibrations i guess. Almost none when idling

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
For motor mount the full set can get the same nvh feel?
i havd only the 62a rmm and it felt very close tostock and only between 900 to 1100 rpm u can feel some vibration.
i wonder if i should step up to 70a or do the rest of the mounts t2a

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
i havd only the 62a rmm and it felt very close tostock and only between 900 to 1100 rpm u can feel some vibration.
How does the 62a feel when launching the car? Do you still get considerable wheel hop?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
this is sick! how much fender work was needed to run this?
thanks.
idk what would be required to run that exact set up as we just went max that we can lol.
I have enough clearance to run a wider tire and wheel if i wanted to. (depending on camber)
Looks 100% stock on the outside though. Cant even tell that there was any work done to them.

if anything, it might hit the sidemarker if i load the car while the wheels are turned. I didnt attempt that on my way home as i had my old wheels in the back.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
thanks.
idk what would be required to run that exact set up as we just went max that we can lol.
I have enough clearance to run a wider tire and wheel if i wanted to. (depending on camber)
Looks 100% stock on the outside though. Cant even tell that there was any work done to them.

if anything, it might hit the sidemarker if i load the car while the wheels are turned. I didnt attempt that on my way home as i had my old wheels in the back.
what suspension are you on? Fitment looks solid. Love it, next year if I decide to go big turbo, ill need as much traction as I can get! 275s have been on my radar. Gonna need to get some more negative camber in the car though.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
what suspension are you on? Fitment looks solid. Love it, next year if I decide to go big turbo, ill need as much traction as I can get! 275s have been on my radar. Gonna need to get some more negative camber in the car though.
im on swift springs with just the spc camber arms in the rear.

i think this fitment with meaty tires is the best set up for the FK8 as long as your ok with fender work.
I went from a 9.5 +45 with 265/35s to a x10 +41 with 275/35s.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 1615225143863

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
let me know if you end up doing this and any differences you may notice. I am on the edge of getting the 62a rmm but if stepping up to 70a doesn't add too much NVH, I might consider that option. I am okay with some NVH.

Deleted member 47337

I did it today and have only put a few miles. Clutch pedal feels the same. Iā€™ve also got the acuity short shifter, bushings, and gm synchromesh fluid. I think all of that and now the RMM are a great combination. Definitely notice it big time on take offs and shifts. Havenā€™t tried to launch or anything aggressively yet.

I got mine for a good deal off a member on here and it was brand new. Iā€™m 100% happy with the change.
Nice! Congrats....I may end up doing that myself...not for wheel hop or anything, because I don't drive my car hard, but for a little more rigidity in the engine compartment.

Thanks for the quick reply!

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
i recently got a paint correction done, i picked up the car up a few days ago and FINALLY tomorrow morning i have an appointment to xpel the hood n headlights. been itchin to drive it lol. ive had the car 6 months but its been in and out of shops for at least 1 month of the 6. uGh!!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? A774A6E2-EFC9-4ADE-B3B2-7AEBD2064C29
Sponsored