First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually use 78% Nitrogen all the time in all the tires!!

As far as "it doesn't matter oxygenated versus non-oxygenated"-if you have better knowledge or information than me, or can point me to a link or study, please share it. I know (I think?) tuners like oxygenated fuel, but if I keep my car stock, is better to avoid the ethanol?

The reason I mention garaging the car over the winter with Stabil in the fuel is because I know oxygenated fuel will break down when sitting for long periods, so if there is a definite advantage (price or performance) to using oxygenated fuel in my non-tuned R, it is just information to you (and others) that I take precautions to avoid fuel storage problems come spring.

I'm not having any problems with what I'm doing now, but getting to the nub of my question-is there an advantage to me, using the car as I am, to continuing with the more expensive 91 octane non-oxygenated, or will I be just as good (or better off) using 91 oxygenated?
I use 100% helium in my tires. All that math in big boy school wasted except I calculated each tire weighs .87 lbs less due to lift.:drive:
Sponsored