Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Volksports,
It might be too late if you already put PPF on the back but here are a pair of Type R decals for dress up if not too flashy/tacky. As you know, that never stopped me. Cool that you make your own. Peeps want more on how you do it.

31Sph8YkgLL._SS210_.jpg
2 Pieces Click2Go Auto Car Vinyl Racing Decal Sticker for Type R (White/Red)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PRYTI8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_FmIXEb9A92G4D

8D721DA6-098E-45A9-BA52-FF0C380BF220.jpeg
Thanks man Those look great but the picture you have has solid white letters and the link you sent has open letters. Will have to consider something of the sort though to match the front.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my mirrors lastnight. Everything was pretty easy except the mirror cap was a mofo to remove.
1590083967668.gif
It's nice that you guys on the 2020s were able to run the signal right off the mirror as opposed to us that had to run ours into the car and tap in there. Do you guys also have heated mirrors. If so, even more lucky. Was a pain for me when I had to source my defroster wire.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's nice that you guys on the 2020s were able to run the signal right off the mirror as opposed to us that had to run ours into the car and tap in there. Do you guys also have heated mirrors. If so, even more lucky. Was a pain for me when I had to source my defroster wire.
Yes it has heaters as well.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I haven't looked too closely at that front strut brace but do you know if it's adjustable? In the pics on their site the front struts are in the stock camber position. I did the "mod" to get a little negative camber and wondering if that strut would fit, or could be adjusted to fit.
I had the Ultra Racing front strut brace on my '19 Civic EX-L and loved that, but they were out of stock on the (different) one for the Type R, so I went with Perrin instead. I don't think it's adjustable?

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag
I had the Ultra Racing front strut brace on my '19 Civic EX-L and loved that, but they were out of stock on the (different) one for the Type R, so I went with Perrin instead. I don't think it's adjustable?
Here's the mod I'm referring to -

So you can see why I ask if it's adjustable, the studs on the top of the struts are moved inward a little bit on each side

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Finally got around to installing the SPC rear camber arms... sweet baby Jesus that single bolt located up near the fuel tank is a small nightmare to remove and reinstall. Takes patience... added a bit more rear camber to the vehicle but really did this due to Michigan roads causing a slight bend to the original passenger side camber arm. Even after an alignment I’ve noticed that the wheel is still not perfectly at 0... when at what is considered 0 position the car will still lead slightly to the right (yes I know this is expected slightly) just a bit more than it should.

also did Amsoil transmission fluid and oil (currently at 41k miles). Feel zero difference from stock fluids. Will gladly go back to Honda fluid next time around.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks man Those look great but the picture you have has solid white letters and the link you sent has open letters. Will have to consider something of the sort though to match the front.
Volks,
Sorry, my bad on not being clear. I bought thresholds complete as one decal w/solid white Type letters (4 ea, front longer) off eBay but source gone now I think.

I grabbed the open letter ones just to give some idea of easy to find bling choices in case you felt no logo was boring.

Etsy vendor and member here Eric has a variety of FK8 appliqués at JetsVinyl:

FK8 Civic Type R Vinyl Door Sill Protection (Logos on all sills)

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Volks,
Sorry, my bad on not being clear. I bought thresholds complete as one decal w/solid white Type letters (4 ea, front longer) off eBay but source gone now I think.

I grabbed the open letter ones just to give some idea of easy to find bling choices in case you felt no logo was boring.

Etsy vendor and member here Eric has a variety of FK8 appliqués at JetsVinyl:

FK8 Civic Type R Vinyl Door Sill Protection (Logos on all sills)
I highly recommend this vendor. I just installed mine a couple days ago, and the quality is amazing. Very clean look. I got the carbon fiber with red "type R" and its looks amazing, kinda looks OEM tbh. Super easy like RepyT said, its all one piece so no need to center or align "Type R" text, its pre-added to the carbon fiber part.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Created CTR Horsepower Shrine just inside of house next to garage where I telework. This is where I pray to survive trips on the lone main highway aka Bloody 98.

Also ordered a charcoal Alcantara steering wheel cover that isn’t stitch on and let’s some red show. There’s nothing wrong with my OEM steering wheel that has control and bottom yoke CF added. Should give the model year 19.5 unique look I’m going for. I stitched a leather R style on my Ridgeline, patience and repeating patterns skills required, not for this D-Type slip on though.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 3A07D973-2061-40FC-9ECC-B9B18BA3E009

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C102B573-E23C-402C-83E9-6B4EB2BC1999

Last edited:

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Created CTR Horsepower Shrine just inside of house next to garage where I telework. This is where I pray to survive trips on the lone main highway aka Bloody 98.

Also ordered a charcoal Alcantara steering wheel cover that isn’t stitch on and let’s some red show. There’s nothing wrong with my OEM steering wheel that has control and bottom yoke CF added. Should give the model year 19.5 unique look I’m going for. I stitched a leather R style on my Ridgeline, patience and repeating patterns skills required, not for this D-Type slip on though.

3A07D973-2061-40FC-9ECC-B9B18BA3E009.jpeg

C102B573-E23C-402C-83E9-6B4EB2BC1999.jpeg
please post a link where you bought the mini CTR along with the wheel cover. thanks

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
UPDATE - I also disconnected the active sound module in the glovebox area. I hate that simulated sound.
Noobie here, I've heard passing mention to this before, but I'm not sure I know what's going on here. Can you enlighten me please? What is the active sound module, and how should one disconnect it?
Sponsored