What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should totally do it definitely watch some videos of the application process. I left my wheels on. Trash bag around the rotor.
you should spray more coats... you should be using closer to 3 to 4 cans for 4 wheels. 6 coats is minimum. 8 is the sweet spot. Less coats makes it crazy hard to remove down the road.
Sponsored

18Si_Croz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
you should spray more coats... you should be using closer to 3 to 4 cans for 4 wheels. 6 coats is minimum. 8 is the sweet spot. Less coats makes it crazy hard to remove down the road.
Too late meow. Lesson learned I guess haha. If I were to add more coats I'm not sure if I'd get good enough overspray to pull off the tires.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a total noob when it comes to plasti dip - would the heat or the wear/tear from daily driving chip away at the plasti dip?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too late meow. Lesson learned I guess haha. If I were to add more coats I'm not sure if I'd get good enough overspray to pull off the tires.
Its not the end of the world. It just wont peel off perfectly when you go to remove it. It will come off in small pieces and be a pain to get off... but it will still come off with no real issue.

I'm a total noob when it comes to plasti dip - would the heat or the wear/tear from daily driving chip away at the plasti dip?
I DD my old drift car year round in the snow salt sand etc... also drifted it... and it did not chip at all. Its actually not bad at preserving your wheels so long as you cleaned them properly before applying the product if you dont it could cause the clear coat to come up when you remove the plastidip. I personally wont be using it for my current wheels as I like how the Si wheels look for stockers.

I recommend checking out dipyourcar.com, lots of good info there... they have a youtube channel too with tons of videos showing installations and how to.

snowmanp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I was very skeptical about plasti dip. But wth it's cheap might as well try. After the first coat I was sold. It looks way better!! This is 5 coats. 1.5 cans of matte black Plasti dip. Super easy to do!

20180309_135458.jpg

20180309_135513.jpg
Damn you killed this! They look so good

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was very skeptical about plasti dip. But wth it's cheap might as well try. After the first coat I was sold. It looks way better!! This is 5 coats. 1.5 cans of matte black Plasti dip. Super easy to do!

20180309_135458.jpg

20180309_135513.jpg
Now your wheels look like plastic hub caps

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Type R replica spoiler painted yesterday, got it installed today.

4dauJbI.jpg

(More pics)

My Greddy exhaust also came in today, I'll probably have that installed by tomorrow.

Last edited:

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Type R replica spoiler painted yesterday, got it installed today.

4dauJbI.jpg

(More pics)

My Greddy exhaust also came in today, I'll probably have that installed by tomorrow.
Looks Good! Mine is in the process of getting painted and hopefully installed on Monday. Just need to add the vortex generators now.

Also, when you installed your wing, did you put any foam at the base of the wing? Just wondering if there are any vibrations that is really noticeable when you drive.

Thanks!

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks Good! Mine is in the process of getting painted and hopefully installed on Monday. Just need to add the vortex generators now.

Also, when you installed your wing, did you put any foam at the base of the wing? Just wondering if there are any vibrations that is really noticeable when you drive.

Thanks!
I did, I added some weatherstrip tape from O'Reilly's all around the base. I haven't noticed any vibrations.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag

20180309_135458.jpg

20180309_135513.jpg
I like your mud guard or splash guard Do you have a link? Thanks.

norcal.in.socal.si

Red Eyes Black Dragon (REBD Si)
First Name
CA_FC1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Siri Moto front strut bar, this bar has noticeable effects when I got through the round about by my place, it also add a little bling to the engine bay (; Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) StrutBar.JPG