Wanted: Motegi MR116 18x8x+45 - Discontinued!

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Well this stinks.... must have hit a pot hole last year. Rotated my wheels and now I have a wobble up front. One of the rims is definitely bent. Tried to rebalance but local tire shop says its bent.

They are Motegi MR116, Black with Red stripe and I think they look awesome on the car. I need to buy one and they are discontinued. 18x8 with +45 offset and 5x120 bolt pattern.

You can buy every other combination under the sun. +35, silver stripes or 5x114 pattern etc but NOT the one I need.

Anyone have a line on one? Otherwise I'm off to RimPro to pay more to get it fixed than it cost for a new one.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Well this stinks.... must have hit a pot hole last year. Rotated my wheels and now I have a wobble up front. One of the rims is definitely bent. Tried to rebalance but local tire shop says its bent.

They are Motegi MR116, Black with Red stripe and I think they look awesome on the car. I need to buy one and they are discontinued. 18x8 with +45 offset and 5x120 bolt pattern.

You can buy every other combination under the sun. +35, silver stripes or 5x114 pattern etc but NOT the one I need.

Anyone have a line on one? Otherwise I'm off to RimPro to pay more to get it fixed than it cost for a new one.
I don't think Motegi ever had an 18x8 +45, 5x120, black w/ red stripe, not while I was purchasing anyways (Motegi didn't even have a part number for it). Are you certain that it's not a +35? Might be worth it to double check your records.

OP
OP

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
I already double checked. I bought them locally from my tire guy. I guess I'll triple check. I'll try and see if its written somewhere on the rim.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I already double checked. I bought them locally from my tire guy. I guess I'll triple check. I'll try and see if its written somewhere on the rim.
I'd check with your tire guy to get the original invoice and part number. Over the past year Motegi didn't even have the part number listed for a black w/ red stripe 18x8 +45 5x120 MR116.

OP
OP

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Yup its real..... part number is MR11688017745 and its been discontinued. I called a bunch of the larger distributors like Tirerack, Summit etc and nobody has it. Once the stock drops below a certain level they hit ebay and there's nothing there now. Looks like I'm sunk.... RimPro it is......
Sponsored