think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
The problem is no one has tested them for brake clearance (CTR Brembos). It's almost a $1000 gamble if they don't fit and the hassle of paying for return shipping (probably $300 just to ship the rims back).

One of the bigger online tire retailers tells me they think they'll clear. I'll probably order one from them for a test fit. Best-case I order three more. Worst, they said I could return it.
Sponsored

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
5x120.65 for the American Racing AR924
Does that fit the CTR?

One of the bigger online tire retailers tells me they think they'll clear. I'll probably order one from them for a test fit. Best-case I order three more. Worst, they said I could return it.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please let us know after the test fit. Make sure the wheel can freely slide into the studs without rubbing any of the studs (no lateral force from the wheel when stationary). Thanks.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Check out the American Racing AR924's. They come in same two colors as the MRs, and they make ARs in an 18x8.5 ET50 5x120.6 (if that matters). Pretty close match if you're looking for the 924s in 18".
You'll need wobble lug nuts to correct for the difference in diameter from 120mm. I had no idea where to find those, Google returned very few results.

dale_cooper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SGP CTR; 05 GX470
Country flag
I've ran up to 275/35/19 on these, no clearance issue, at stock rideheight.
Dannnng. Do you have pictures of that setup? I'd just like to see a sidewall that thick on these. By the way, it's yukoncornelius from vortex :)

Still undecided to get these motegis, go with 18s or upsize my stock tires. The factory tires have got to go. Everyone seems to love the motegis.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Motegis are a good deal, decently light, not that expensive. And for autoX nerd like myself its legal for the Street class. I am currently dailying on them with 245/35/19 PS4S as they are also my wet weather tires for autoX. I'd prefer to run 18s DD but makes more sense at the moment to stick with 19s and just use 18s for winter(I have a set of Flow One something rather 18x8.5s that I was DDing before that its just gonna be snow wheels now). Also have a set of NSX wheels for dedicated autoX tires. Stockers are just sitting in storage gathering dust.

Simmons-Racing

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It looks like the American Racing wheels have the same exact part number....has anyone tried them?

Simmons

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
if anyone has a set of these they are looking to part ways with, let me know.

thirtem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR
Country flag
I just installed a set of black mr924s with 255/35/19 michelin pilot sport a/s 3+. Coming from stock, the feel of the car is completely different now. I knew I would sacrifice a bit with all seasons, but damn. I feel like I no longer have the ultimate control and confidence I once had with my stock setup. There is much more bounce and body roll in turns. I'm hoping most of this change is coming from the tires instead of the wheel size difference. I'm really curious how these wheels would feel on ps4s. Regardless, this is a temporary setup for the cold months. On a side note, ride is certainly a lot quieter and smoother...just not nearly as fun.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I just installed a set of black mr924s with 255/35/19 michelin pilot sport a/s 3+. Coming from stock, the feel of the car is completely different now. I knew I would sacrifice a bit with all seasons, but damn. I feel like I no longer have the ultimate control and confidence I once had with my stock setup. There is much more bounce and body roll in turns. I'm hoping most of this change is coming from the tires instead of the wheel size difference. I'm really curious how these wheels would feel on ps4s. Regardless, this is a temporary setup for the cold months. On a side note, ride is certainly a lot quieter and smoother...just not nearly as fun.
Same, it's definitely a thing.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag