Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the last version of Viper we can download to use with our HU?
I would also like to know this. On the Honda Hack site, it shows 2.5.0.5:
http://autohack.org/apk/

but I see that 2.7 is out:
https://www.xda-developers.com/viper4android-v2-7-new-ui-profile-management/

This page seems to indicate that 2.7.0.0 requires Android 6+ (which wouldn't work as we have 4.2.2):
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/team-...x/viper4android-fx-2-7-0-0-release/#downloads

This page also seems to indicate that anything > 2.5.0.5 requires Android 6+:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-viper4android-fx-2-6-0-0-t3774651

I'm guessing that 2.5.0.5 is the best option for our archaic infotainment systems.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?
Sponsored

Darthprater

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 2020 Si is using the same android version as the previous models and cannot use the latest version of viper4android?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 2020 Si is using the same android version as the previous models and cannot use the latest version of viper4android?
It is using the same version, looks like 2.5.0.5 is the latest version of Viper we can use. I'm about to install that myself.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's correct. ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5 is the latest version, and it installs cleanly on the 2020 Civic Si.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
How do you run the sub off the front speakers? Do you just tap the speaker wires to feed the sub? Anything else needed?
I went from the oem low pro to a full 8 and just marginal improvement. I know my sub will push more but.....

H
Make sure you're running off the front speaker outputs rather than the factory sub output, makes a huge difference. Factory sub output has a wacky cutoff that removes half the usable bass frequencies.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
How do you run the sub off the front speakers? Do you just tap the speaker wires to feed the sub? Anything else needed?
I went from the oem low pro to a full 8 and just marginal improvement. I know my sub will push more but.....

H
You're not going to see much, if any, improvement without adding an amp. I also run an LC2i to help restore bass at higher volumes. I'm not sure if it's really needed, but it does accept speaker level inputs. Without the LC2i, you'll need an amp that can accept high level inputs or some other type of LOC.

TSV31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic MY 2020 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus 6MT
Country flag
any good bluetooth config for viper4android for the 11 speaker system for the 2020 hatchback model?

Darthprater

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Is there any good way to use viper4android while playing music off of Apple car play? Also...what is going on with the subwoofer channel on air play...there has to be some kind of microphone or something that is not letting it get over a certain level...because even when I turn the gain all the way up on my 500w sub amp, it doesn’t get any louder. Does this only for car play and not Bluetooth.

nericollin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Hey everyone! I came across this thread and thought I'd share the configs I use in my '16 Civic EX. I was on the development team for the project that was a "spiritual successor" to V4A called ARISE. The project has been disbanded since 2018 for those wondering if I was just trying to advertise or something.

This link contains the last profile that was used by our dev team for calibrating and testing, and I have specifically tuned it for Car Audio. Enjoy!

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Hey everyone! I came across this thread and thought I'd share the configs I use in my '16 Civic EX. I was on the development team for the project that was a "spiritual successor" to V4A called ARISE. The project has been disbanded since 2018 for those wondering if I was just trying to advertise or something.

This link contains the last profile that was used by our dev team for calibrating and testing, and I have specifically tuned it for Car Audio. Enjoy!
I just did this- thank you! Took a little finesse getting it to load properly, including that kernel. It made a huge difference from my normal flat settings I had applied before!

nericollin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I just did this- thank you! Took a little finesse getting it to load properly, including that kernel. It made a huge difference from my normal flat settings I had applied before!
I'm so happy to hear that! Glad I could help!

For anyone who's looking at my original post and wondering what on earth all that intimidating programming code is, it's just the forum's integrated File Preview showing what the actual hard code is within the V4A profile I linked.

If you press the square in the upper right hand corner, you'll be taken to the Google Drive page to download it.

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 2017
Country flag

How do you import this .xml to Viper4Android?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's

You would transfer that file to your head unit's storage, and then when you're in V4A, select import profile, and select the .xml.
Any info on how to actually transfer the XML? I couldn't find where to transfer it, and when trying to import to V4A, nothing ever pops up.
Sponsored