scootibum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Country flag
didn't the latest version of this not work on our head units?
Im trying to install newer versions of Viper4Android (2.7) and Honda Hack is not recognizing the .APK for it so the install button is greyed out. I got version 2.5.0.5 but I'm not sure how to install a preset because I don't see it within the options.
Sponsored

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im trying to install newer versions of Viper4Android (2.7) and Honda Hack is not recognizing the .APK for it so the install button is greyed out. I got version 2.5.0.5 but I'm not sure how to install a preset because I don't see it within the options.
V4A version 2.7 is not compatible with our headunit so that's why it won't show up for you. 2.5.0.5 is the correct version to be using. The preset .XML file will have to be dropped into the V4A folder for it to show within the app. It helped me to have the XML file inside of a new folder rather than just floating inside the V4A folder on its own. You could also try saving a random preset, and just overwriting the .XML file for it with the preset you want to use.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I actually used wifi server in x-plore on my phone and infotainment and copied it. It's very simple to do
EDIT: figured it out, you have to create a folder that your profile will be named inside the 'profile' folder. Then put the XML inside that folder.

I can't get the XML profile to load in either, very strange. Even put the file in the default V4A folder and 'Profile' folder. Nothing showing up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here IMG_20200821_120207
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here IMG_20200821_120153

Last edited:

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EDIT: figured it out, you have to create a folder that your profile will be named inside the 'profile' folder. Then put the XML inside that folder.

I can't get the XML profile to load in either, very strange. Even put the file in the default V4A folder and 'Profile' folder. Nothing showing up.

IMG_20200821_120207.jpg
IMG_20200821_120153.jpg
Try creating a new folder within that "Profiles" folder, and then dropping the XML into that

Last edited:

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Try creating a new folder within that "Profiles" folder, and then dropping the XML into that
Yep, that was the solution. I troubleshooted that by saving a 'default' profile and then going to the file manager in X-plore to see it created another folder inside /Profile.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I almost strictly listen to EDM, I found the Rock preset close but still a bit too much bass for the stock sub in my Si. I dropped the 31/62 Hz sliders to +4.0dB instead of 4.5 and dropped the subwoofer slider to -2 in the normal HU settings. All normal on bass/mid/treble in HU settings, DTS off.

Viper Bass 45 Hz +6.0dB
Viper Clarity +3.5dB

Rest of settings same as OP.

All stock speakers/sub. When I add my sub I'll probably be updating my settings.

Thanks guys!

delsoldon

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T sedan / '18 Civic EX hatch / '12 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I'm still tweaking it a bit but here are my EQ settings in V4A. Aside from the EQ settings, I have viper clarity set to normal 6db, everything else is off. 2017 civic ex-t sedan with stock sound system plus an alpine PWE-S8 under the driver's seat tapped into the front speaker signals. All stock settings on HU (bass, treble, fader, etc) are set in the middle.
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20201012_213221

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Has anyone upgraded their factory Sub ?? And what is the best out there for upgrade swap ?? Just looking for a little extra thump from sub and be perfect with this Viper4A upgrade

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Does anyone know if V4A will work on aftermarket Android PX5 head units?

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
Just stumbled across this thread and have v4a installed. How do I know if it's working or not?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
can someone just double confirm, wasn't so clear:
Can I still use apple car play with my iphone, and have the v4a get used and have the v4a control all the output signals?
Sponsored