Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Does anyone else actually use their si to do Uber? I only do the eats because I don’t want some jackass puking in my car. I live in the Austin Texas area, so it’s very drink heavy here. I started doing it so I can start paying for mods, maintenance and loan without dipping into my main income source. Idk how much wear will my starter, clutch, 1st gear, and brakes get from the constant stopping. I don’t really care if it wears the tires. The stocks are crap anyway. Probably got about 20-30k on them since I’m at 20k miles. 2222 between mo-pac/360 at night is a fun/scary drive
Sponsored

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Is the amount you make worth the gas you spend while doing it? Actually a serious question because if it is I will consider doing it on the side aswell.

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I actually use my Si to do Uber. Nor all the time, but a little bit on the side. I did it more last year to pay for a trip to Disney with the family. I just use the destination feature and do it during my 55 mile commute now. I don't get that many riders, but it any riders I pick up don't really cost any extra in gas as they are on my way. I don't do the late night stuff so I don't have the drunks throwing up in my car. All in all, I have had a pretty positive experience with Uber and would recommend it for a little extra cash on the side.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Wouldn’t want my car smelling like food. So, no.

How much do you make doing that, on average?

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I highly recommend watching this guy's video at excellerated speed.

OP
OP
longthaitran91

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
In my experience, I made roughly 40-70 at night in 3 hrs. After about 3-4 deliveries, I can afford a full tank. It can be variable. It’s an ok amount. The amount you make really depends on the city you live in. Most of the food is sealed pretty well, you don’t really have to worry about food smell. Hopefully my nose isn’t numb to my car smell that idk.

johnnparry55

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Does anyone else actually use their si to do Uber? I only do the eats because I don’t want some jackass puking in my car. I live in the Austin Texas area, so it’s very drink heavy here. I started doing it so I can start paying for mods, maintenance and loan without dipping into my main income source. Idk how much wear will my starter, clutch, 1st gear, and brakes get from the constant stopping. I don’t really care if it wears the tires. The stocks are crap anyway. Probably got about 20-30k on them since I’m at 20k miles. 2222 between mo-pac/360 at night is a fun/scary drive
I agree with you. Especially about jackass puking...

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I've been delivering for 2 years and in the SI for 1 year so far. I do UE/DD/GH.
GH in my area is really good and most nights I will make 20-40 an hour a night sometimes more if I multi app. I do it part time 3/4 hours a night and the SI was a great choice for me due to the gas mileage and I can zip around town. Heck the car will pay for itself by next year doing this lol.

Sometimes I wish I got the sedan for ease of putting pizza boxes in the backseat but I love the look of the coupe more.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been delivering for 2 years and in the SI for 1 year so far. I do UE/DD/GH.
GH in my area is really good and most nights I will make 20-40 an hour a night sometimes more if I multi app. I do it part time 3/4 hours a night and the SI was a great choice for me due to the gas mileage and I can zip around town. Heck the car will pay for itself by next year doing this lol.

Sometimes I wish I got the sedan for ease of putting pizza boxes in the backseat but I love the look of the coupe more.
20-40 an hour sounds great! I drive my car around randomly all the time, I’ve always thought about doing this to add some money to my random drives.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
20-40 an hour sounds great! I drive my car around randomly all the time, I’ve always thought about doing this to add some money to my random drives.
Well worth it as it's the easiest job I've ever had to do especially since COVID. Now all deliveries are contact free and I don't have to sit at the door waiting for the customer to answer the door.

My advice if you start is to download the stride app and keep track of your miles it's very important come tax time. You can write off your miles and last year I paid less then 8% in taxes so it was nice to know the money I was making everyday was pretty much all mine to use.
Sponsored