Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisholterracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just looking for clarification on this. Is there an interest in a 2019 type R shifter assembly for Civic Si owners?
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the right price yes. Makes throws a lot shorter and stiffer for an incredibly good price. (Acuity goodies needed for shorter throws)

OP
OP
cholter

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisholterracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For the right price yes. Makes throws a lot shorter and stiffer for an incredibly good price. (Acuity goodies needed for shorter throws)
Perfect, what is the "right price"? I will be taking mine out this weekend and will sell it for a good price. I won't need it... so

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perfect, what is the "right price"? I will be taking mine out this weekend and will sell it for a good price. I won't need it... so
I got my assembly, alcantara boot, and OEM type r knob for like $90 bucks on here. Online the assembly goes for 40-50ish new from a Honda website. They honestly don’t go for much but there’s always that one person that doesn’t wanna pay full price (me lol)

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my assembly, alcantara boot, and OEM type r knob for like $90 bucks on here. Online the assembly goes for 40-50ish new from a Honda website. They honestly don’t go for much but there’s always that one person that doesn’t wanna pay full price (me lol)
New R shifter, Acuity parts, boot and knob cost me over $200 in my Si and I literally didn't notice any noteworthy changes.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New R shifter, Acuity parts, boot and knob cost me over $200 in my Si and I literally didn't notice any noteworthy changes.
$200 is waaay too much for me would of gone the acuity short shifter route if I was spending more than that lol. I think I spent like $140 for everything including acuity parts from members here. I forsure feel it a lot shorter and stiffer between shifts most people I talk to feel the same but ?‍♂ To each their own

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Exactly this. The time spent and the costs associated is definitely not worth it in my opinion. I never understood the raves and the "difference" and was quite disappointed when I did mine. I'm not pulling it out to replace everything back to stock and regain my 150+ or whatever it is I spent on the the Acuity and shifter though, that'll be another waste of time. lol

If it was from the hatchback manual to the Type R shifter, then sure, there might be some noticeable difference but not from Si to Type R shifter.

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@cholter you won't get much money out of it if you do sell, at least I don't think so. As someone else said, you can get it for $30 something new.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R shifter assembly in an Si ? 22DD7E0D-A879-492F-BA16-4E9CDE54B5B5
Exactly this. The time spent and the costs associated is definitely not worth it in my opinion. I never understood the raves and the "difference" and was quite disappointed when I did mine. I'm not pulling it out to replace everything back to stock and regain my 150+ or whatever it is I spent on the the Acuity and shifter though, that'll be another waste of time. lol

If it was from the hatchback manual to the Type R shifter, then sure, there might be some noticeable difference but not from Si to Type R shifter.
I was so unimpressed when I traded my SI in that those were the only parts I left on the car, from a FBO TSP 2 tuned car.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
IMO 2020 shifter is worth its price, but the Acuity add-ons are questionable at best.

Also, IDK how you guys can't tell the difference between the SI shifter and 2020 CTR shifter. There is quite a noticeable difference between the two.

Edit: unless you mean the pre-2020 CTR shifter? These two are much closer in throw length. You can still tell, but I noticed a bigger change going from the CTR to the 2020 CTR shifter than I did going from SI to pre 2020 CTR shifter.

Last edited:

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
22DD7E0D-A879-492F-BA16-4E9CDE54B5B5.jpeg

I was so unimpressed when I traded my SI in that those were the only parts I left on the car, from a FBO TSP 2 tuned car.
Out of curiosity did you ever pair the acuity parts with the stock si assembly? I honestly never thought about pairing them since I bought them after the assembly until now. Might try it out on my off day just to compare if there is a difference. I’m sure the shorter throw is mainly bc of the acuity parts

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
@WhiskeyTango that's exactly what I'd do if I was to sell my car. I was appraised by Carmax and it didn't cross my mind to remove the Acuity parts and shifter.
I learned my lesson with my R and bought the Hybrid shifter. Probably gonna run it bootless too because I like looking at it so much ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R shifter assembly in an Si ? 4B97C2BF-9072-4F27-BD62-A0BCB4EDBEE6

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
IMO 2020 shifter is worth its price, but the Acuity add-ons are questionable at best.

Also, IDK how you guys can't tell the difference between the SI shifter and 2020 CTR shifter. There is quite a noticeable difference between the two.
Well since I bought the Type R shifter in 2018, the 2020 wasn’t an option at the time. ?‍♂

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Out of curiosity did you ever pair the acuity parts with the stock si assembly? I honestly never thought about pairing them since I bought them after the assembly until now. Might try it out on my off day just to compare if there is a difference. I’m sure the shorter throw is mainly bc of the acuity parts
I did not. Thinking the type R shifter was such a deal at like $38 + shipping I went straight for it. And the difference in throw is due to the minuscule difference in the bend on the 2017-2019 Type R shifter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R shifter assembly in an Si ? B6195B4E-7756-4015-B5FF-FA4E2429952A
Sponsored