Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 2020 with just base bushings, going full Acuity shifter soon. The stock to CTR shifter with base bushings is a great improvement but not quite where I want to be, I’d imagine the rest is worth it if you don’t care about the adjustability.
yeah absolutely worth it man. don't have it anymore bc im selling the car but it ended up being one of my fav mods, very good for daily driving and throws/shifts felt nice and solid
Sponsored

Francis514

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I switched back to the stock CTR shifter in my Type R from the Hybrid Racing full shifter. Did the stage 2 kit, the Cable Bushings and the Poco. It felt phenomenal. Completely blew the $450 shifter out of the water. I changed the Poco out for the Esco for the added hight and I personally like the shape better. But the Poco still felt great. Another huge consideration that most people miss is the weight of the knob. The Esco is 183 Grams I believe which is a little too light for my liking but before that I had tried a Raceseng slammer which is like 455 grams. It was way way too heavy. My personal preference is between like 250G's to 300 but everyone is different. Just don't forget about how important the weight of the knob can be.
Selling that esco shift knob?

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Selling that esco shift knob?
Of you asked me a few weeks ago I totally would have but it's back in the car now lol. I tried the Mishimoto delrin tear drop knob which also felt great but went back to the Esco because I'm always switching them out. After I get the one I ordered on black Friday I'll let you know it that one is definitely staying in or not.

Francis514

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Of you asked me a few weeks ago I totally would have but it's back in the car now lol. I tried the Mishimoto delrin tear drop knob which also felt great but went back to the Esco because I'm always switching them out. After I get the one I ordered on black Friday I'll let you know it that one is definitely staying in or not.
i will buy it off of you. let me know please

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag
Hi.

Has anyone fitted the Fk8 2020 shift lever into fk7?

I installed it with acuity shifter base bushing and spring.

With the factory shift lever I can hear the normal snap in sound. Here is a yt video I made.

With the Fk8 shifter installed when shift to 4 I can hear some additional strange noise. It feels like after the shift the shifter arm or something else is wobbling or resonating a little bit.

Any idea?

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi.

With the factory shift lever I can hear the normal snap in sound. Here is a yt video I made.

With the Fk8 shifter installed when shift to 4 I can hear some additional strange noise. It feels like after the shift the shifter arm or something else is wobbling or resonating a little bit.

Any idea?
I just installed the 2020 FK8 shifter assembly in my FK7 today. Only took about 1 hour after prepping by watching numerous youtube vids. For $50 bucks, this is by far my favorite budget mod. It is VASTLY better than the FK7 shifter. I'm in love. I'm not even going to bother with further shifter upgrades because I'm so satisfied.

To answer your question, I already re-assembled my center console so I might not be hearing all the little sounds that your videos are conveying, that said, mine sounds very similar to yours. It's almost like gears 4 and 6 have a louder click than 1,2,3,and,5. I'm okay with it. It honestly just sounds like a satisfying gear change. More clicky than thuddish. Ignoring the sound, does your shift okay? Mine's like a dream. Perfect.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I recently installed a FK8 shifter in my Si. Decided to do the zip tie mode to the shifter assembly as a precautionary measure. No clicks or any odd sounds after it was all put together. Might want to give it a try on yours.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently installed a FK8 shifter in my Si. Decided to do the zip tie mode to the shifter assembly as a precautionary measure. No clicks or any odd sounds after it was all put together. Might want to give it a try on yours.

Fascinating stuff. Thanks so much for posting that vid. I wish I would've seen it before installing the FK8 shifter, but taking the console apart a 2nd time should be a breeze. Thanks again.

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag
Hi.

Any idea?
I have installed the Perrin Shifter Cable Lock.
It has changed a lot. Wow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone running Type R Shifter assembly with Acuity Stage 2 shift kit? 638ABF28-9102-4B8D-AD23-82E33AE17C09
Sponsored