Type-r front Subframe brace

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tried to order te brace online but it is currently on back order status now. ordered from honda parts now. bolts are in stock though, lol.

well looking for another site to order from i came across this
Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 270ba7438974dc654e0074d96d08215e-600x400

a Spoon developed brace that goes on after the small brace. will cost a hefty 700 buckoros though:doh:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice find , looks like spoon ties in a larger area .Almost looks like oem

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered online for a EX-T sedan. Thanks for the links and all those who've installed and shared their info. It'll be a fun little project. Always love wrenching on the Civic. :)

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
tried to order te brace online but it is currently on back order status now. ordered from honda parts now. bolts are in stock though, lol.

well looking for another site to order from i came across this
270ba7438974dc654e0074d96d08215e-600x400.jpg

a Spoon developed brace that goes on after the small brace. will cost a hefty 700 buckoros though:doh:
Did you ever get urs?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Would this change the balance of the car though? I know that the Type R rear sway bar alone adds enough stiffness that it significantly shifts the balance from neutral towards rear rotation. My ultimate goal would be to try and stiffen the front as well to regain a more neutral balance, but with overall stiffness closer to that of the Type R.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would this change the balance of the car though? I know that the Type R rear sway bar alone adds enough stiffness that it significantly shifts the balance from neutral towards rear rotation. My ultimate goal would be to try and stiffen the front as well to regain a more neutral balance, but with overall stiffness closer to that of the Type R.
I would suggest for anyone who swaps swaybars to swap the front And rear so you always keep the balance.
I never will understand people who only make the rear swaybar larger it only promotes oversteer.I eventually will install either the Si swaybars or type-r depending on what springs i'll be using .But i will swap both front and rear bars .Front will most likely be swapped when the upgraded clutch will go in since the subframe and steering rack need to come off anyway.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And just to make sure that I understand: this subframe brace is equivalent to the front swaybar?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would suggest for anyone who swaps swaybars to swap the front And rear so you always keep the balance.
I never will understand people who only make the rear swaybar larger it only promotes oversteer.I eventually will install either the Si swaybars or type-r depending on what springs i'll be using .But i will swap both front and rear bars .Front will most likely be swapped when the upgraded clutch will go in since the subframe and steering rack need to come off anyway.
It's done that way due to the manufacturer erring on the side of caution when sway bars are chosen. Changing just the rear brings more of a neutral feeling (as long as you don't go overboard)

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And just to make sure that I understand: this subframe brace is equivalent to the front swaybar?
No it does not .This subframe brace adds a little more stability to the subframe .It ties 2 arms and/or bolts toghether which makes them move less.Which means a little less roll in corners.You can compare it with a strut bar .Although it might work better when you also have a strut bar up top and a brace down low which makes the whole suspension move less.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it does not .This subframe brace adds a little more stability to the subframe .It ties 2 arms and/or bolts toghether which makes them move less.Which means a little less roll in corners.You can compare it with a strut bar .Although it might work better when you also have a strut bar up top and a brace down low which makes the whole suspension move less.
Then to more closely emulate the balance of the Type R, one would need both this front brace and a front sway bar?

Last edited:

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Got my brace and bolts today. Does anything need to be removed to install? Haven’t looked underneath the car yet...
Sponsored