Stockysi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That will seal it but look like straight shit for a permanent solution. Sealing it off from the bottom side with circles of engraving stock (or I could have used .062 aluminum or stainless) then Bondo and wet sand will make it flush. Even the most tiny dent will show under vynal wrap; you could see those gaping holes from probably 15 foot away no exaggeration.
IMG_20200721_192749__01.jpg
IMG_20200721_200108.jpg
IMG_20200721_212841__01.jpg
IMG_20200731_201250~2.jpg
Coupe leaves different holes
Honda Civic 10th gen Spoiler delete hole plugs 1676138988559
Sponsored

Stockysi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I lasered circles from engraving stock with 3m gold tape backing to seal the holes from the bottom side. Then I bondoed and wet sanded them on top and vinyl wrapped the trunk. If you want I can cut you a couple sets (20) for $10 shipped.
Hey man I might take you up on this offer. Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before you sealed it off. Also could you do square (the si wing leaves two square holes on the coupe)

thanks!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man I might take you up on this offer. Do you have any pictures of what it looked like before you sealed it off. Also could you do square (the si wing leaves two square holes on the coupe)

thanks!
Before I started it was just 10 holes. That first pic is with the plugs stuck on from the bottom side. You just have to pull the carpet liner off the trunk lid to get to them. You can see if you zoom in. Then I put masking tape on top and cut out just a little larger than the holes so the Bondo wouldn't get everywhere. I put the Bondo on a little thick as seen in the second pic so I could sand it down. Pulled the masking off and wet sanded it smooth in the third pic. Wet sanding it will obviously dull the clear coat but you could probably bring it back with paint correction but that would be silly as you'd want to repaint or wrap to cover the Bondo anyway.

One extra thing I did was had my PDR guy flatten the sheet metal down around the holes as it kinda flaired up when I pulled the spoiler off. I'd recommend that if yours lifted up a little yanking it off.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another option is to use something like sound deadener ruber buytal and stick that from the bottom side to Bondo over. I didn't want to chance it flexing but I think it should work well. Are those round holes actually threaded on the coupe? Kinda looks like it. None of mine were. If they're threaded I'd definitely use the buytal to wrap around that pem nut.