SPEC Clutch Proprietary Clutch + Single Mass Flywheel Combos are now available to order!

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the new revised spec stage 3 clutch installed took a day and a half due to a few unexpected issues but it's done. I have the aluminum flywheel and have 0 chatter. Love the pedal only slightly firmer than stock I would say type R feeling.

PS: keeping everything stock like clutch line, clutch master cylinder etc. for testing! Once broken in I will test the lockout issue with the new revision

Last edited:

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get mine installed tomorrow, so I'll be adding info to this post as well.

brianfer.rosa

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic si
Country flag
I have the new revised spec stage 3 clutch installed took a day and a half due to a few unexpected issues but it's done. I have the aluminum flywheel and have 0 chatter. Love the pedal only slightly firmer than stock I would say type R feeling.

PS: keeping everything stock like clutch line, clutch master cylinder etc. for testing! Once broken in I will test the lockout issue with the new revision
Is twostep now selling the revised versions?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my clutch installed yesterday. Unlike @AREA , I have the Steel SMF and I did the CDV delete. Other than that, we're similar. Stock clutch line, CMC, etc.

First impressions; Clutch Pedal is super stiff but super grabby. Also, the speed in which the revs drop is amazing! The CDV delete hasn't given me any issues and reminds me of my Integra. It's not violent in the least bit. I should have it broken in by the end of the week as I average 68 miles per day round-trip from work. :beer:

My only real complaint is; Spec Included the WRONG alignment tool for the kit. Luckily my shop had a box of them and was able to locate the correct one.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You guys with the lock out issue should consider the modified CTR CMC that Eman sells. Saw an Si owner on Facebook share his review that it resolved him getting locked out on quick shifting. Ordered one the next day from Eman, currently waiting for it to arrive so I can install and test it out for myself. (Running a FX350 myself on stock flywheel)

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
You guys with the lock out issue should consider the modified CTR CMC that Eman sells. Saw an Si owner on Facebook share his review that it resolved him getting locked out on quick shifting. Ordered one the next day from Eman, currently waiting for it to arrive so I can install and test it out for myself. (Running a FX350 myself on stock flywheel)
I bought a spare si CMC that’s in my living room. I need to take out the delay valve and install it. I spend about 5 minutes a day trying to take out the C- clip. It’s like my daily devotional.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently waiting to see how it is once the clutch is broken in to determine if I need it. I believe I have the revised version, so I may not need to.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a spare si CMC that’s in my living room. I need to take out the delay valve and install it. I spend about 5 minutes a day trying to take out the C- clip. It’s like my daily devotional.
You might be talking about the Slave, that is what has the delay valve that everyone commonly removes. I've seen a few arguments about how it is not recommended, so I have chosen to not do that. Emans CMC is bored out to flow better and is modified which is what he recommends. I figure if he set a record with his delay valve still in the slave, I will keep mine and try out his solution before deciding to remove it.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You might be talking about the Slave, that is what has the delay valve that everyone commonly removes. I've seen a few arguments about how it is not recommended, so I have chosen to not do that. Emans CMC is bored out to flow better and is modified which is what he recommends. I figure if he set a record with his delay valve still in the slave, I will keep mine and try out his solution before deciding to remove it.
Yeah sorry I meant the slave master cylinder. Do you have a link to this ?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah sorry I meant the slave master cylinder. Do you have a link to this ?
Na I follow him on instagram,(k20z3allmotor) and of course I see his posts on the 10th gen and 10th gen Si group. He has been a pretty trusted Honda guy for a while, building and helping people with the 8th and 9th gens. I think he stated removing the delay valve is harmful to the transmission, he even used someones clutch swap to show how it had affected the trans. Might be worth checking out the CMC before going all out with the slave, I'd say its particularly more important for people running the stock DMF, because aggressive clutches on the stock DMF have a lot of chatter and aggressive engagement.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Na I follow him on instagram,(k20z3allmotor) and of course I see his posts on the 10th gen and 10th gen Si group. He has been a pretty trusted Honda guy for a while, building and helping people with the 8th and 9th gens. I think he stated removing the delay valve is harmful to the transmission, he even used someones clutch swap to show how it had affected the trans. Might be worth checking out the CMC before going all out with the slave, I'd say its particularly more important for people running the stock DMF, because aggressive clutches on the stock DMF have a lot of chatter and aggressive engagement.
Hmm two step AND spec recommended that I take it out. PRL says so as well and has the write up. I’m going to try what the manufacturer of the clutch said first.
So do you just buy the part and said it to this guy and he modifies it and sends it back ?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm two step AND spec recommended that I take it out. PRL says so as well and has the write up. I’m going to try what the manufacturer of the clutch said first.
So do you just buy the part and said it to this guy and he modifies it and sends it back ?
They told me the same thing, that's why I did it. Now, I don't know what conditions the car Eman used to show the damage was driven in. So far, I feel ZERO jolts, shocks, lugging, etc. when releasing the clutch like normal without the CDV. It's been super smooth. What I do know is; I've grinded gears twice by shifting faster than the CDV could handle. That alone was enough for me to say "OK, let's remove it and see how it goes".
Sponsored