SPEC Clutch Proprietary Clutch + Single Mass Flywheel Combos are now available to order!

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2011 Grand Cherokee 4x4 1996 rhd crv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just seen this... hmm. I wonder why everyone is having issues except me. That’s weird.
You got the golden ticket lol. I found the other discussion and am trying to catch up on it. I thought i had put an alert for it but guess i did not.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Just seen this... hmm. I wonder why everyone is having issues except me. That’s weird.
Maybe you’re not shifting fast enough at redline ? Lol. Have you tried speed shifting 1-2-3? 1st to 2nd for me is the worst. Almost 2 seconds being locked out

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Maybe you’re not shifting fast enough at redline ? Lol. Have you tried speed shifting 1-2-3? 1st to 2nd for me is the worst. Almost 2 seconds being locked out
Damn you jinxed me!! Just did a 3rd gear pull for my custom tune.... locked me out of 4th. Think I may have been shifting at 6k instead of 6.5k. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t getting locked out the other day. Looks like I will be messing with the CDV sometime this week.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn you jinxed me!! Just did a 3rd gear pull for my custom tune.... locked me out of 4th. Think I may have been shifting at 6k instead of 6.5k. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t getting locked out the other day. Looks like I will be messing with the CDV sometime this week.
Wow. It looks like it’s safe to say that this is what’s expected with a SPEC clutch and flywheel. If the CDV removal doesn’t fix it, I’ll be super annoyed. The only way I’m able to get into the gear at redline is to no lift shift, but I don’t want to have to do that every time. @Two Step Performance should be updated that everyone with the spec clutch / flywheel is having the same issue now.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Wow. It looks like it’s safe to say that this is what’s expected with a SPEC clutch and flywheel. If the CDV removal doesn’t fix it, I’ll be super annoyed. The only way I’m able to get into the gear at redline is to no lift shift, but I don’t want to have to do that every time. @Two Step Performance should be updated that everyone with the spec clutch / flywheel is having the same issue now.
Honestly, if removing the cdv doesn’t fix the lock out issue, I won’t be bothered by it that much. I rarely ever go all the way to redline. Only reason I went all the way up is because I’m tuning the car right now with Derek. Now if I was tracking the car on the regular, then yeah that would be a different situation. But I agree, two step should know about this Incase the removal doesn’t fix the situation.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also has to do with pedal adjustment. Previous clutch installs I have done where it wouldn't go into gear was due to pedal adjustment. Adjust the rod on the pedal to allow the slave cylinder to fully depress on the transmission. In basic terms your clutch isn't opening up enough to allow the gear to change at high rpm. The slave cylinder isn't extending to maximum capacity.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also has to do with pedal adjustment. Previous clutch installs I have done where it wouldn't go into gear was due to pedal adjustment. Adjust the rod on the pedal to allow the slave cylinder to fully depress on the transmission. In basic terms your clutch isn't opening up enough to allow the gear to change at high rpm. The slave cylinder isn't extending to maximum capacity.
This has already been adjusting in every way. It’s not the culprit.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This has already been adjusting in every way. It’s not the culprit.
what flywheel and clutch combo is this having issues with? I will do a full install with CDV delete and stainless clutch line soon. Wont be able to give high rpm shift feedback until the clutch is broken in. Most clutches require 500 mile break in time.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what flywheel and clutch combo is this having issues with? I will do a full install with CDV delete and stainless clutch line soon. Wont be able to give high rpm shift feedback until the clutch is broken in. Most clutches require 500 mile break in time.
Stage 2+ with steel or aluminum flywheel. I have the stainless clutch line too, just waiting for a day off so i can do everything

Last edited:

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stage 2+ with steel or aluminum flywheel. I have the stainless clutch line too, just waiting for a day off so i can do everything
Proper break in is key. I have had an improper break in before and it wouldn't go into gear at high rpms. It ended up that the pressure plate was damaged from improper break in and eventually cracked in half. Was an ACT clutch.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Proper break in is key. I have had an improper break in before and it wouldn't go into gear at high rpms. It ended up that the pressure plate was damaged from improper break in and eventually cracked in half. Was an ACT clutch.
You’re preaching to the choire my man. This has affected 4 people so far, which as far as i can tell is everyone who recently purchased this combo

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eman put a CTR master cylinder on his car with the CTR clutch. I wonder why he replaced the master cylinder? Would that mod help the Spec clutch?

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eman put a CTR master cylinder on his car with the CTR clutch. I wonder why he replaced the master cylinder? Would that mod help the Spec clutch?
That is a good thing to think about Bob. I will do the full install first and see how she runs if the issue arises we may go that route and test.
Sponsored

Last edited: