Our TSP Stage One+ Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si is now available!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
24PSI has been “proven” (reliability survey on here, so take that with a grain of salt and for what it is) to be just fine without issues.
Hopefully others feel a bit better about that thread. Geez.
Sponsored

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Maybe
Maybe i worry too much, but by no mean am i babying the car. I'm going FBO per usual but would like the car to be fun and last is all, no hate meant.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe i worry too much, but by no mean am i babying the car. I'm going FBO per usual but would like the car to be fun and last is all, no hate meant.
Nothing wrong with being cautious. It took me nearly a year of going back and forth on whether or not to tune.

Now with the reliability thread having 500+ tuned owners posting, it's more than a tiny sample size. It's consistently showing less than a 3% failure rate overall. Take away abuse and neglect and the number of reliable tuned cars probably is closer to 99%.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Maybe

You are trust me lots of us running tsp and other tunes we wouldn’t recommend them if they weren’t safe

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I like the thread and I even update my setup, but I say that because we can’t verify if others are “honest”, especially if they report failures. Even though the survey points to our cars being “reliable” it is definitely still questionable to an extent. That’s all. No hate. :):thumbsup:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the thread and I even update my setup, but I say that because we can’t verify if others are “honest”, especially if they report failures. Even though the survey points to our cars being “reliable” it is definitely still questionable to an extent. That’s all. No hate. :):thumbsup:
Let me put this in perspective. EVERY survey, poll, test, review etc. in the world depends on the human element. I'd like to think that people posting in the reliability thread are being as accurate/honest as they can be. Is it 100% scientific? No. But I think the numbers fairly accurately represent 10th gen tuning.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Since I only have 92 available here and have to mix in some E85 for my TSP stage 1 - sometimes I cannot get to the E85 station due to timing (they close at 7pm!) Or being out of town.

If I can't get to the E85 station to splash in some ethanol, is it safe to drive the stage 1+ tune on map 1 or 2 and avoid map 3? Or is the timing advanced from stage 1 in all 3 maps posing a risk on any of them?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Since I only have 92 available here and have to mix in some E85 for my TSP stage 1 - sometimes I cannot get to the E85 station due to timing (they close at 7pm!) Or being out of town.

If I can't get to the E85 station to splash in some ethanol, is it safe to drive the stage 1+ tune on map 1 or 2 and avoid map 3? Or is the timing advanced from stage 1 in all 3 maps posing a risk on any of them?
I expect this would be fine but will say that we have not done any testing specifically with 92 octane fuel. In this scenario I think map 1 or 2 paired with sensible driving would be just fine.

HammerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Just put my order in for this as well as the Cobra race. So I should be expecting and extra 20 / 15 on top of the 248 / 290?
Sponsored