mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In the process of buying a SI, I had a very bad experience in a nearby dealership.

This dealership is the closest to my house, Should I go there for service? I have problems with the sales department only.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
In the process of buying a SI, I had a very bad experience in a nearby dealership.

This dealership is the closest to my house, Should I go there for service? I have problems with the sales department only.
I would try to see if the problem is local to the sales folks; maybe find out how their service dept is rated/reviewed by customers...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my opinion it depends on if you want to support the owner(s) of the dealership after the way you were treated by the sales department.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In my opinion it depends on if you want to support the owner(s) of the dealership after the way you were treated by the sales department.
In the first 3-4 years, the service would be mainly warranty works.

I almost bought the car from this dealership and since we agreed on a price in text message, they raised the prices twice when I went in to sign. I walked out and everybody was upset. I will be buying the SI from another dealership and my concern is the sales department would tell the service department and they will deal with me in bad faith.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The dealer I bought the car from is a shark pit.

The guys in the service dept. are really good. Sales is definitely not the same as service.

At this particular dealership, I walked into the service bay with a pair of Integra rear trailing arms (literally one in each hand) that needed the bushing pressed out. They did it for free.

The sales guys probably wouldn't even give you the time of day for free.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the first 3-4 years, the service would be mainly warranty works.

I almost bought the car from this dealership and since we agreed on a price in text message, they raised the prices twice when I went in to sign. I walked out and everybody was upset. I will be buying the SI from another dealership and my concern is the sales department would tell the service department and they will deal with me in bad faith.
True, but the dealership still gets paid by Honda to perform the warranty work. I know sometimes it may not be worth the drive to a different dealership but you are essentially voting with your dollars.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 3 Honda dealerships within a 20 mile radius of me. I got burned on two of them and have never gone back for service. The one I do go to is the furthest one from me. Service goes a long way in my book.
Sponsored