Brake Service

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Mm9 is a brake service and chasis inspection, they inspect all the suspension and all fluids, fuel lines and such they remove the pads clean and deglaze them apply m77 paste to pad contact points, clean and grease the slide pins and clean the brackets as well they also inspect the caliper slides piston boots and make sure nothing is seized. Might be forgetting something but yeah lol
For my USA model the Maintenance Minder B1 code was to inspect front & rear brakes & hoses.

My dealer had a "B Maintenance Service" discount coupon for $138USA. It included "Cleaning/Lubrication of Brake Components", an item which was not listed in the Owner's manual. The service person said this was recommended but not required. He sent a link to a video from another dealer showing how they remove the pads, etc. Apparently other dealers like to do this. It seems like a money making scheme for them.

I told him I never removed & lubed brake parts every year for no apparent reason.

I just did the normal inspection as per the manual & the dealer didn't have an issue with that.
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's be honest about the car service industry. How many listed items are actually inspected? Nobody ever going to know if caliper pins were greased, let alone even looked at. Dealers or service shops can be very hit or miss and in my experience very shady. The only shop I trust carrys a high price tag for all their race and professional experience, unfortunately.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Let's be honest about the car service industry. How many listed items are actually inspected? Nobody ever going to know if caliper pins were greased, let alone even looked at. Dealers or service shops can be very hit or miss and in my experience very shady. The only shop I trust carrys a high price tag for all their race and professional experience, unfortunately.

The only shop I trust is the one I know the mechanic.
To grease caliper, you must ask. They won't do if you don't ask and pay for

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
I did this brake service once. It was a scam. They didnt do anything because 2 months later one of my caliper slides seized. When i removed it, it didnt have grease and was rusted hard inside the bore. The other slide pins had barely any grease. Then they told me my pads had a few mm and probably a month of driving left. When I was fixing the seized slider, my pads were still 3/4 and lasted another few years, and still had a good amount of meat when I replaced them.

I stopped going to the stealer.
Sponsored